PG Music Home
Posted By: stratocaster RD level? - 08/28/11 10:18 AM
When I have generated an RD track I usually have to go to Edit/Audio effects/gain change to change to 100% level, any other way to make it 100% ? The same problem goes for my guitar tracks. Even if I record up to clip level the track is low level and I have to normalise each track afterwards ????? By the way I'm using M-audio firewire 410!
Posted By: rharv Re: RD level? - 08/28/11 02:55 PM
Some realdrums (many) are low in level. You've found one way to handle it.

I don't have that problem with recorded tracks, so I would guess you have the monitor in the M-Audio clipping, but the send to RB is down a bit. I'm not familiar with the firewire mixer, but in a lot of M-Audio mixers there is a lot of flexibility in the routing.
Is the VU in the M-Audio showing strong during record, or in RB?
Posted By: stratocaster Re: RD level? - 08/28/11 05:02 PM
I adjust my input level some 3-6 dB below clip indication! I have adjusted M-audio software mixer to max output (all faders at top) so I guess it must be the data out (firewire) that isn't able to deliver an adequate input to RB?
Posted By: rharv Re: RD level? - 08/28/11 05:39 PM
What does RB input meter show? That will answer the question.
Posted By: stratocaster Re: RD level? - 08/28/11 07:06 PM
When my input level is adjusted to occasional clip and I strum hard, the RB VU-meters are near 0 dB, so I guess that the reason is that I adjust my input level low to ensure a clean unclipped recording, I realise also that my headphone level is too low but that's another cup of tea :-)
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: RD level? - 08/28/11 07:39 PM
right click the volume fader in tracks view and add to the DB level of the track
© PG Music Forums