PG Music Home
Posted By: cajunh2s midi song trouble - 03/03/12 07:39 PM
hi gang

was wondering if i could get some input on a song that's giving me some problems right now.
this is a song that was created and saved as a type o midi.
it only has 4 tracks to it trk 4 bass guitar...trk 5 brass....trk 6 piano...trk 10 drums standard kit.

the problem i'm having is...i can hear and view all tracks in either BIAB or Real band...but when i save...i'm saving as a type 1 midi file....and when i play it on my yamaha key board...

only the count i put in on the drum track....the bass line and drums play...
the brass and piano are not saving and playing on the keyboard...

any thought's on this one..
thanks cajun
Posted By: silvertones Re: midi song trouble - 03/03/12 08:24 PM
Are the "parts" in you Yamaha mapped to the same midi channels as the "parts" in the midi file?
BTW tracks & midi channels are not the same.
Posted By: LynB Re: midi song trouble - 03/04/12 10:18 AM
My old Yamanha Keboard required Midi files to be saved in the Zero format, ie, all the data in one track. This can be achieved in RB from the "Save As" command "Type of File" drop down panel.
Posted By: cajunh2s Re: midi song trouble - 03/05/12 04:38 AM
lynB

i've saved as both type of files...type 1 and type 0...either save and my piano and brass are not there..

the parts seem to be mapped correctly ...i checked in the preference area under options
and the patch number in preference matches up to the patch for the yamaha board..

i'm thinking it might be a volume issue under a CC command that was mentioned in BIAB forum from mario...but i need to find the area to check those values....still learning BIAB and Realband

cajun
Posted By: cajunh2s Re: midi song trouble - 03/05/12 07:29 AM
i got it to play in the keyboard guy's...i swapped the tracks around as mario sugjusted in BIAB forum, i also changed patch numbers in preference under channel button.

then put everything on one midi track and saved to a type o...and it played in the keyboard
so i'm chalking it up to this midi just couldn't be saved under a type 1 format

thanks for the help guy's
cajun
© PG Music Forums