PG Music Home
Posted By: johnnyo34 Splitting Midi file into seperate tracks - 04/29/12 05:40 PM
I tried to do a search on this, but I might have missed it. Can a midi file be imported into Real Band & be split into seperate tracks ?? Bass, drums, piano, etc.?? If it can, is there a tutorial on it ? if not is there a program anywhere that will do this ?
thanks in advance..
Posted By: seeker Re: Splitting Midi file into seperate tracks - 04/29/12 05:59 PM
johnnyo34,

If you load a type 0 midi, (all content on 1 track) the system
should ask you to split the track.

I just tried this again to make sure my grey matter still worked,
and it ask be to split the file into separate tracks.

Also if you load Type 0 midi: AND did not split on the load do following.

Select entire track your going to split.
Click on Edit > Extract Channels to tracks > OK

This will split the track.

Good Luck!
Thanks much.. First I didn't have it in Track view. My first attempt with Real Band.. I tried your second suggestion & it worked. Everything is on seperate tracks, & everything plays except I don't see the meters moving in drums. And if I click on S or M in drums nothing happens. When I click S drums everything mutes, same with M Am I doing something wrong??
OK , I think I found out why drums were't responding. Drums were on the Piano track... But the count in was on the Piano track & done with the piaino.... hmm. Bluegrass tune & obviously didn't use drums..
I have a BIAB file that I can't open in Real Band, only opens in Band in a Box..
It has Lyrics with it, Would that be the reason?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Splitting Midi file into seperate tracks - 04/30/12 07:40 AM
Johnny,

There's no reason that I can think of why the BIAB file wouldn't open. Does it contain realtracks? sometimes it takes RB a minute or two to assemble BIAB files that contain realtracks and realdrums.

Regards,
Noel
Noel, I could send it to you, for you to look at.
Johnny
© PG Music Forums