PG Music Home
Posted By: Tano Music forcing realtracks an octave higher? - 07/05/12 10:10 PM
Is this possible? I'm working on a guitar track, would like the opening chord to the played 1 octave higher..is there a way to tell RT to play "this segment" higher/lower (realizing you won't get exactly the same performance)?
Posted By: rharv Re: forcing realtracks an octave higher? - 07/05/12 10:17 PM
Only thing I can think of is to render that section of the track, but try using a related chord..
If it's a Cmaj7 try Em .. or if its Am7 try C6 .. see if a substitue chord can get you a different voicing. (?)
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: forcing realtracks an octave higher? - 07/07/12 04:34 PM
You also might try to use pitch shifting on the particular chord. Highlight the chord section
and go to the plugin.
I've used it on RTs for transposing RTs a step or two but never an octave.
It may not give you all the notes you're after but maybe a semblance of the sound.

The other note shifting software would be Melodyne - but is better for sliding single notes than chords. . . at least in the less expensive versions.
Transposing instrument waves using a pitch shifter like the one in RB often give a better effect than
trying to raise a human voice (no chipmunk effect)

Give it a shot - Ian
Let us know how it works.
Posted By: Shastastan Re: forcing realtracks an octave higher? - 07/13/12 08:39 PM
My experience has been that pitch shifting only works for 1 or 2 intervals. If you try to do more, the distortion is really noticeable. I know there's equipment out there that can really do a lot to change audio tracks, but my budget sure won't let me have any.;).
© PG Music Forums