PG Music Home
Posted By: Deacon endings - 09/05/12 09:54 PM
When I import a song from BIAB into RB the ending continues to be abrupt. Even when I put two dots following the final chords in BIAB to get some sustain it doesn't transfer over to RB...any suggestions?
Posted By: rharv Re: endings - 09/05/12 11:32 PM
I don't think RB does 4 bar endings. Maybe try a two bar ending ..

Another trick is to record some silence on a dummy track to make the seq file longer (have seen this make a difference in the ring of the last note in some versions)

Or maybe freeze the tracks in BiaB and see if they come over different to RB.

Or generate the tracks to wave files and import the wave files into RB seq file.

:shrug: I dunno, just tossin out ideas to try
Posted By: Tommyc Re: endings - 09/05/12 11:52 PM
I make premature endings by unfolding to one chorus and using a hold chord (example C...) as a last chord 4 to 6 bars before Biab makes an ending. You get a long naturally decaying part on all but a drum crash. For the drum crash I go to the folder (BB > Drums)there's the drum files and there are single parts along with the drum beats and I copy and paste them at the end. Usually save the drum hits for future use too.
Posted By: multitracker Re: endings - 09/06/12 04:42 AM
Quote:

I make premature endings by unfolding to one chorus and using a hold chord (example C...)

That could be part of the problem - I think the poster indicated he used 2 dots after the last chord. You need 3 dots for sustain.

Terry
Posted By: Tommyc Re: endings - 09/07/12 03:50 AM
My method also works great when you have tracks from different styles and the ending doesn't work.
© PG Music Forums