PG Music Home
Posted By: derailer only one RealBand notation window? - 08/29/13 09:22 PM
I can only have one RealBand notation window open at a time. Is it really limited to that or am I missing something?

RealBand 2012 Win 7 64
Posted By: rharv Re: only one RealBand notation window? - 08/29/13 11:00 PM
It is limited to that as far as I know. Upgrades to the notation have been few and far between, as it is not a notation software .. rather a DAW that offers a notation window.

That said, you can select (highlight) multiple tracks and then open notation so you can see the multiple tracks in that single window.
Using various options (staffs) you can see each track separately if I recall correctly, although still in the same single window.
Or combine them into one standard staff set.
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: only one RealBand notation window? - 09/07/13 09:44 PM
It would be handy, for example to be reading a melody, and knowing where a horn background was in relation (or vice versa.)

I did this the other day, switching among tenor, bari and alto, and transposing etc. each time... Being able to open a .KAR file was great... Saved me a ton of transcription, and putting in a specific drum part like this.

https://soundcloud.com/janklincewicz/modance
Posted By: LynB Re: only one RealBand notation window? - 09/08/13 08:12 AM
Although the Main Tracks Window shows a representation of the Midi code only, It does show, quite clearly, the relationships between the various instrument tracks.
© PG Music Forums