PG Music Home
Posted By: davehorne how to uninstall Real Band - 01/15/15 01:05 PM
By accident I installed Real Band. I'm fairly certain I won't be using it in addition to BIAB but see no uninstall for the program (either in Control Panel or the Apps page on Windows 8.1).

Do I just delete the entire folder where it resides?

Thanks, Dave Horne
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: how to uninstall Real Band - 01/15/15 01:49 PM
Dave,

You may want to check with PG Music support by using chat, email or the international toll free telephone number as I don't think I've read any comments from other forum members about removing RealBand.

From the other postings you've made I believe you've had a difficult time getting started. Band-in-a-Box and RealBand can be very frustrating to use any time, but especially so in the beginning. It's worth the time, effort and frustration because as you get more comfortable with using the programs you will hear the programs can create the soundtracks you want.

May I suggest you delay uninstalling RealBand until you understand the interaction between the two programs a little better? The two programs really are a team. Their feature list compliment each other as there are some things Band-in-a-Box can't do but RealBand can. The programs approach the music creation process differently and you will find it's easier to do some tasks in one program versus the other.
Posted By: jford Re: how to uninstall Real Band - 01/15/15 03:11 PM
You just have to delete the RealBand folder. RealBand doesn't write to the Windows registry, so deletion is that easy. That being said, you'll have to also manually delete the program icon and any references to it in the Windows start menu.

But I agree with Jim. Why not hold onto it and get to know it. It doesn't take up a lot of room on your hard disk and you might be surprised by what it can do.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: how to uninstall Real Band - 01/15/15 04:17 PM
I could NOT do what I do without Real Band....

It's kinda like buying a car and telling them you don't want the wheels.... take them off.

Band in a Box is where I write the music. Then I open Real Band to render those tracks and others not in the style, into the audio tracks that I work with.

I'd leave it installed.... and learn how it's used.
© PG Music Forums