PG Music Home
I am just wondering if this combo will work.
Thanks
Joe
I don't think it will work. I've seen other threads with various control surfaces that would not work because BIAB doesn't support Mackie Control. The Zoom R16 is another control unit that comes to mind that generated some interest.

There may be some limited features that can be controlled by midi but I'm not sure if that is supported or not either.
Yes, I am thinking you are right. I am looking at changing DAW's just because RealBand does not play nice with so many other products.
Originally Posted By: joesarahh
Yes, I am thinking you are right. I am looking at changing DAW's just because RealBand does not play nice with so many other products.

There have been a heap of requests for Surface Controller functionality over the years. Who knows? Maybe one day? (hint)
Originally Posted By: joesarahh

Joesarahh, you might want to consider a Cakewalk Sonar DAW, They start at $99 and you get a lot for that amount. I use Sonar Platinum and it is rock solid and works with a ton of software, even time based plug-ins and VSTis. All three versions of Sonar have the same engine with the differences being what add-ons you get.

Good luck with your search.

PS - you can drop and drag directly from BiaB to Sonar. This works the best if BiaB is using MME drivers and Sonar uses ASIO drivers.

{edit} - link to Sonar:
http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions
cakewalk in one of the options I am looking at, but my current front runner is Presonus's Studio one Producer version. It's $200 but I think it brings some advantages to the table. It's one of the newest high end DAWs and that means the architecture is different from the long time standbys like ProTools and Cakewalk. The newer base architecture seems to mean it can do what the standbys can do, but it can do it smoother. At least that is what it looks like to me. I don't know, I will have to wait and see what I do. Unfortunately I have come to know RealBand inside and out so I just HATE to switch. Yet, as I do this full time now I am really getting tired of compatibility issues with all the other software and equipment I use.
Try a free test drive with Reaper before you decide. smile

Josie
There are many DAWs and everyone has their favorite. The PreSonus website indicates the FaderPort works well with their Studio One DAW. ++ This Page ++ gives a list of all the DAWs FaderPort has been tested against.

If your thinking of trying another DAW, ++ This ++ Wikipedia page provides a comparison between most of them.
After Cubase, I switched to Reaper. Easiest DAW I've ever worked with.
I have Studio One 2 Professional and it has worked flawlessly for me so far.
© PG Music Forums