PG Music Home
Posted By: Saxy831 Key Signature Changes - 04/28/09 02:32 PM
Hi Forum,

I am using Real Band to play standard midi files. I usually change the key signature to a key which is easiest for me to play on the sax.

I normally click on the key button to change the key. However, some songs have key changes throughout the song.

How do I change the key in other parts of the song other than just the beginning? Is there a screen which shows all the key changes and allows you to edit them in the same way as with the tempo changes?

What I would like to be able to do is to make one key change and have it apply to the entire song.

Thank you for your help.
Posted By: MartinB Re: Key Signature Changes - 04/28/09 03:46 PM
In the Chords window press F5 to open the Bar Settings dialog ...
Posted By: Saxy831 Re: Key Signature Changes - 04/28/09 03:54 PM
Thank you Martin,

I am running Windows on my Mac. Often times my function keys like F5 do not work. Is there another way to get to the screen you are taling about other than using F5? Thank you.
Posted By: MartinB Re: Key Signature Changes - 04/28/09 04:04 PM
F5 is just a shortcut for "Edit/Settings for current Bar ...".
Posted By: Saxy831 Re: Key Signature Changes - 04/28/09 04:10 PM
Thank you Martin.
Posted By: Saxy831 Re: Key Signature Changes - 04/29/09 12:15 AM
Martin,

I am wanting help with Real Band. The solution you gave works for BIAB but not RealBand. Please help.

And BIAB cannot open SEQ files???
Posted By: Luvs3rds Re: Key Signature Changes - 04/29/09 07:57 AM
I know you can go to OPTIONS/Key sig and change it. Don't know how to do it bar by bar. Maybe select a range, and go to opt/key sig. Have not tried it in RB only BIAB.

Gene
Posted By: MartinB Re: Key Signature Changes - 04/29/09 09:09 AM
Quote:

I am wanting help with Real Band. The solution you gave works for BIAB but not RealBand. Please help.

True enough - my bad.

While F5 definitely works with RealBand together with the option to change key signatures at some bar, I don't see a way to open up the Bar Settings dialog via some menu entries, indeed -> an entry such as "Edit/Settings for current Bar ..." is sorely missing in the Realband menus. The Help button right within the Bar Settings dialog currently is a fake button with no function. Seems like an outright bug.

Hopefully you may invoke your F5 button somehow ...
If your keyboard doesn't work properly, potentially your mouse software allows assignement of F5 to your scroll wheel button?
Posted By: Saxy831 Re: Key Signature Changes - 04/29/09 05:24 PM
I will try to select the measure I want to edit and change the key that way and see if it works. Or maybe if I edit in BIAB then save it and reopen in RealBank, that might work. Thank you all for your help.
© PG Music Forums