PG Music Home
Posted By: railway mark 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/10/16 02:48 AM
Hello! Hopefully this is an easy one. I just got the 2015 Ultra Plus Pak installed on my newly built home studio machine (purchased 2016 but haven't updated yet), and the metronome function isn't working on playback or record in RealBand.

My primary concern was getting my electronic drum kit to play through EZDrummer. I got that all squared away, but now I need the metronome! Any ideas? I'm confident that it's probably user error on my part.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Mark
Posted By: GHinCH Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/10/16 08:10 AM
When I open the Mixer Window in RealBand it lets me activate the metronome. The button is the second button from the right in the transport window at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

There you have the option of selecting Recording, Playback, and Metronome Settings. If a letter (P, R) is blue then the metronome is active with the respective function (Plaback, Recording).

I don't have 2015 ready to work, but it works in 2016 and since it has been there since 2012.5 it should work also in 2015
Posted By: rharv Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/10/16 09:28 AM
The metronome uses the default MIDI port, and on most systems requires the use of a GM compatible softsynth.
Check the Metronome Settings in the Prefs area paying attention to the Port it is on and which synth is assigned to that port.

You may accidentally be sending the metronome to the EZDrummer or something.
Posted By: railway mark Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/10/16 11:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!

GHinCH-I made sure it was set for recording on the transport control, so I don't think that's the issue, unfortunately.

RHarv-Your suggestion sounds like it might be the issue. I included CoyoteWT with the install, so that should work. I'll check on the midi port.

I'll be sure to post the solution!

Best,
Mark
Posted By: rharv Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/10/16 12:07 PM
PGMusic suggests using the windows MIDI driver when using the CoyoteWT this way, for what it's worth.
MS Wavetable Synth
All of this is found in Prefs - MIDI tab - MIDI Devices
Posted By: railway mark Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/11/16 02:40 AM
Once again, thanks for the help! I thought that I'd follow up with what worked for me. Since being able to live track with my electronic drum set and EZDrummer required access to my Focusrite interface's ASIO driver, using the MS Wavetable Synth was out. So, I instead wrote the metronome to a track and played it back through EZDrummer as I tracked using a cowbell sound.

The only thing that I'm still a little confused about is that RealBand doesn't seem to provide an audible 4 count before beginning playback or recording, just a visual one. Am I missing something?

Best,
Mark
Posted By: Pipeline Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/11/16 06:47 AM
the visual one should have audio also
there is a write to track option in the metronome settings you can try
my midi device is microsoft gs wavetable moved to the top
re-route midi is ticked
coyote is set as default
with real band set to bar offset -2
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/18/16 08:33 AM
Originally Posted By: railway mark

The only thing that I'm still a little confused about is that RealBand doesn't seem to provide an audible 4 count before beginning playback or recording, just a visual one. Am I missing something?

Could this be related?

Edit > Song Settings >

Attached picture 2016-01-18_22-29-27.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/18/16 10:03 PM
VideoTracks post seems more BiaB, in RB these settings are under Prefs - Metronome tab
(at least that's how I do it for recent versions).

Attached picture CountIn.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/21/16 05:28 PM
Thanks rharv, yes, my bad. Sorry about that chief.
Posted By: rharv Re: 2015 RealBand Metronome Not Working - 01/21/16 09:09 PM
If I was chief things would be different around here, I can tell ya that.
sorry, couldn't resist
© PG Music Forums