PG Music Home
Posted By: jycroix Picked style not playing in RB - 04/28/16 11:59 AM
Here is my problem.
In BIAB I have inserted chords and come up with a tune I like and also a style I like.
Then in RB, I imported this " tune" from BIAB. At this point everything seemed fine. However when I try to change the style in RB, the new style I have chosen appears in the style box, but when I play it, it is still the original style that is played.
What did I miss?

Also, and this is a completely different issue, is it possible to export the tracks from RB to my DAW?

Thank's for your replies.
Posted By: jford Re: Picked style not playing in RB - 04/28/16 12:21 PM
In RealBand, if you want a new style to play, you need to regenerate it first. It's not like BIAB where it does it automatically when you make a change; it if did, it could mess up a lot of tracks, so you have to tell it when you want to do it. You have the option of regenerating certain tracks or all the BIAB tracks, and other options.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Picked style not playing in RB - 04/28/16 03:05 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You can export individual tracks or all the tracks. Select the track then export as a wave (Windows) or aiff (Mac). You'll have to look up the export command in the menus as I'm presently not on my computer. I believe it is a file (Save As) command.
Posted By: rharv Re: Picked style not playing in RB - 04/28/16 07:55 PM
Select the tracks you want to change the style on.
Make sure they are selected from start to finish (select all)
Then Use Generate options to regenerate (you can do this by right-clicking a track or using the Generate menu or icon).

If the Track names are blue (meaning they are assigned the role of BB Tracks), you can use the 'Generate - Generate All BB Tracks (Entire Song)' feature to do all at once.

Wait a minute then click Play once the generating is done (you can see the progress in the main window Title Bar area)
Posted By: jycroix Re: Picked style not playing in RB - 04/29/16 11:18 AM
Thank you. But is it the same process in BIAB.
As I am new at this, I cannot seem to find the proper menu for exporting as wav.
Would there not be a simple copy and paste function that would also work. I tried it and I cannot seem to get it to work properly?

Again thank you for any info.

Gerry
Posted By: rharv Re: Picked style not playing in RB - 04/29/16 08:38 PM
In RB
Render - Save All Tracks To Wave Files

Quickest path I know to accomplish said task (click wise).

As for Copy/Paste
I have been able to copy/paste from RB to other software, but have also failed.
So can't offer much there.
© PG Music Forums