PG Music Home
Posted By: MountainSide Has Nodes control changed in ver 7? - 07/30/16 10:51 AM
If I look at my older songs made with past RB versions, the nodes control that I added were being controlled by cc87. In version 7, when I add new node control, I'm seeing cc102 in the Event List. Did I miss some change here? Do I need to go back and change each of the older songs to cc102?

Jeff
Yes, there was a lot of work on Nodes in RB 2016. If I recall correct, the changes and improvements made into the 50 new features list.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Has Nodes control changed in ver 7? - 07/31/16 08:50 AM
Thanks Charlie, appreciate the confirmation. I guess now the question becomes how do I change all those previous cc87's to cc102's. Hate to think that I have to go back through hundreds of songs and manually enter each change. Guess that's what retirement is for right?

Jeff
Posted By: rharv Re: Has Nodes control changed in ver 7? - 07/31/16 09:39 AM
If you do need to change them, the Edit screens have a check box for Use Data Filter.
Using this it is easy to change every CC87 to C102 if you want to.
All in one pass and in a couple seconds.

Actually, Edit-MIDI-Replace pretty much walks you through the process.
Select CC as type and 87 as # then CC as type and 102 as # .. even quicker!
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Has Nodes control changed in ver 7? - 08/01/16 08:59 AM
Great news Rharv, did not know that. I've used the Data Filter before to remove cc's but never realized that it could be used to do substitutions. Will look at the edit-midi-replace function too. Really appreciate you dropping in here of this...love learning new things and it will save lots of time.

Jeff
Posted By: rharv Re: Has Nodes control changed in ver 7? - 08/01/16 09:41 PM
They keep changing the process, and when I complain "Hey this isn't there anymore", PGMusic is pretty quick to let me know they changed the route, but the feature is still there.
In general; the MIDI editing support in RB/PT is pretty much comprehensive. You'd be hard pressed to find something the Edit-(Use Data Filter) can't accomplish.
They also have an option to use a secondary filter, so if you need to change CC X but only if the value is Y you can still get 'er done.
MIDI editing is a an RB/PT strong point, always has been. smile

Hoping you find joy in the suggestion..
© PG Music Forums