PG Music Home
Posted By: Phil Babylon Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 - 03/23/17 10:38 AM
Anyone else having a problem with this update? Since applying the update I cannot get songs to generate. Everything appears to be working but once the generation is finished I'm left with nothing but blue lines in the place where there ought to be files and silence.

Any thoughts?

I'm on Windows 10.

Regards

Spig
Posted By: Del Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 - 03/23/17 11:54 AM
I just tried generating a song using RB ver5 and it worked fine but I have Win7.

Do you see the same symptom for midi tracks and real tracks?
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 - 03/23/17 12:08 PM
Hi

Yes this happened to me . but may not be related as I had used my laptop away from my normal audio interface
I t did give me unpopulated Realband audio tracks from my BIAB realtracks though
On checking I found my Audio driver settings were not as expected they had reverted to Mime reset to asio for pro akai and reselected midi in and out ,then all was fine but only after restarting Realband.
When I reselect my audio driver as Asio then all works fine.

However, previously I wasn't using Asio. So why update 5 only works OK with Asio drivers I've no idea. However, I can't pretend to be very knowledgeable about how drivers and Windows sound system works!
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 - 03/23/17 05:45 PM
Hi Phil
Glad you got sorted .
One thing to be wary of is you are using Asio audio drivers in your normal setup for Real band with an external Audio interface as I do.
If your chosen Audio interface is not available at start up (ie not switched on or you have say taken your laptop else where without its audio interface,
Real band reverts to MIME drivers if you start it without it’s expected interface..
Just reselect your correct driver when the interface is available again
I tested this today. Not certain if related to the new build or not

Have fun
Mike
Version 5 update does not generate or regenerate on my Windows 7 version either. I do not have an audio interface connected and use MME.

I have experimented and can get a track to generate after receiving an error message but other anomalies exist in the generated tracks. I've dropboxed an seq file to support.

My problem exists with new files created since the update and I can open previously saved files and everything plays as it should. I can add tracks that generate properly with previously saved songs.

Opening a new project, I recorded an audio track in RB, processed that through the ACW which created a tempo map and chord chart. All of that worked fine. Selecting a RT or Real Style and the program would not generate any track. Selecting generate track via the Generate tool rather than by right clicking would produce an error message and subsequently, generate a track.

It appears the update has made some small change and can be quickly resolved. As a workaround, I can open an existing file, erase the tracks and chord chart, generate and save as a new file. Hopefully so, anyway. I have not tried that out yet....

I did create an sgu biab song, saved it and then attempted to open it in Rb and no tracks generated.

Charlie
Posted By: DaveG Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 - 03/24/17 10:19 PM
Same problems here :-(
Guess I should have checked the forum before upgrading. All I have is built-in sound. I went through the audio setup again, but nothing different occurs.

Is there an undo folder for realband updates like there is for BIAB?

Dave
Yes, the RealBand Build 4 update is still posted, and you can install it over top:
http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2017_4
Hmm, I'm not sure what the problem is at this point, but we will look into it.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 - 03/25/17 03:38 PM
I have always had problems with every version, generate realdrums and I only get 2 blue lines, it won't work unless I close RB and restart it.
It's working very well for me with one exception. When the songs ends it just keeps going as if the song hadn't quit. Can't find a fix for it.
Posted By: jford Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 - 03/27/17 01:07 PM
Russ, you need to look at your MIDI tracks with the event list and see if anything is "way out there". So if your song ends at bar 100, see if there is any MIDI data beyond that.

Another thing to look at the sometimes happens to me (and I think it was either Noel or Trevor had reported something similar before as well), but is sporadic. If I do a lot of cutting and pasting on an audio track, sometimes, for some reason, cut/paste data gets shoved way down the track for no reason. So you'll need to look at your audio tracks as well to see if there might be some extraneous data way down those tracks, too. I'd start with the vocal track(s), if you did a lot of cutting/pasting/moving/etc.
If you installed Build 5 update patch and are having a problem with RealTracks generation, you can fix it by doing either one of the following:

1. Unchecking the MME 'output always on' setting. This was a new setting in build 5 for the MME Audio driver type. Go to Options --> Preferences --> Audio --> [Drivers], and uncheck 'output always on'.

2. Alternatively, you can download and install (or reinstall) the Build 4 patch. You can install this right over top without doing anything special.
http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/realband_2017_update_build4.exe

--------

**UPDATE**
There is now a Build 6 update patch that fixes the problem:
http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/realband_2017_update_build6.exe

Been off the forum for a few days. I'm busy doing the music (and acting in) two plays right now so time is tight.

However, just to say that I seem to be having all sorts of random problems since upgrade 5. Problems with re-generation; being unable to audition styles in the style list if I'm using ASIO; lots of error messages telling me to save my work and restart Realband. I've got to say I love Realband and BIAB but compared to Reaper and Sonar (which I use a lot on various projects) both programs seem so clumsy and buggy. I'm not as techie and I just want things to work. Rant over!

Let's see what upgrade 6 does!! Fingers tightly crossed.
© PG Music Forums