PG Music Home
Hello all

Something went wrong with RealBand and I cant open my BIAB (SGU) files in RealBand. To try and remedy it, I deleted my entire installation of BB and Realband and reinstalled from my hard dive but still the same problem.

It does come up with an error "BBOutput.txt not found" but I am not sure if that is related.
Joanne,

Try this and see if it helps...

1. Start up Realband and don't load anything.

2. Go into the Audio settings and set them to MME (#2 on image) rather than "Windows Driver" (which seems to be the default now).

MME is always the best driver to use when trying to problem-solve.

3. After making the changes, close RB so that the settings are written to the configuration files.

4. Re-open RB and see if the song opens now.

5. I'd also disable the options I've highlighted as #3

6. Also, check that the "Run as administrator" option is still working. It might be that the installation reset this.

I had a similar problem and I found that prior to opening the song I wanted to work on from BIAB, I first needed to load in the demo song for one of the RB styles and generate it. That seemed to give the program a bit of 'kick' and get it going.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture setting driver to  mme.JPG
In addition...

If you purchased BIAB 2017 on a USB drive, you should be able to plug that drive in and use RB 2017 directly from the drive.

Regards again,
Noel
Hi Noel

Thanks for the quick response. Tried both of those options and also tried running Realband directly from my hard drive. Same problem.

The problem is related to generating realtracks because I opened a fresh file and typed in some chords and then tried to just select one track and generate a realtrack. It just hangs. Then if I press escape it says "BBOutput.txt not found. I sometimes see a yellow flashing message on the bottom rhs of the screen but cant catch it to see what it says.
Joanne,

BBOutput.txt is found in \Realband\Data. I don't know if the following will help but it's worth trying (even though it sound like you might not have BBOutput.txt it could be a corrupt file).

1. Close Realband.

2. Navigate to \Realband\Data and rename the file to BBOutput.txt.old

Doing this forces Realband to create a new version of the file.

3. Start Realband.

4. Does this help at all.

Note: I just tried this on my system and it worked fine. Also, if you need to get back to the original file, simply close RB and rename BBOutput.txt.old to BBOutput.txt

Regards,
Noel
Hi Noel

I installed 2018 version and the first time I tried I had the same problem! I then created a new BIAB file and opened that up in RB and it seems to have sorted itself out.... Thanks for the help.
Glad to hear that you've got it sorted.
I have a similar issue since I installed RealBand 2018. If I open up Realband then attempt to open up a BIAB file RealBand just sits there. I cannot do anything with it. I have to end the program using Windows task manager. This creates issue as it lock up ASIO drivers.

If however I open RealBand create a 4 bar song generate it then I have no issues load BIAB files.
I have exactly the same problem. If I create a song in Realband and then delete it and call up a BIAB song it's fine, otherwise Realband hangs. Must be a bug. I generate the Realtracks once I'm in Realband, but I don't think that would make any difference.

I also got an out of time midi guitar track. Not sure why. I just deleted it.
Posted By: wish Re: Help! unable to open BIAB files in RealBand - 12/03/17 09:44 AM
I'm in the same boat with Real Band so will see if the above contributions sorts it out.
Same problem. I'll try the suggestions made so far and report back.
Even SEQ files will not open, everything freezes . . .

Don
Real Band 2017 was AOK on two computers (both with Windows 10), one a desktop, the other a laptop.

Real Band 2018 (build 2) downloaded and now both computers have this problem:
Will not load a SEQ file or a BIAB file - program freezes.
Note - when attempting to open the styles list I get the following message on both computers:
"bbw2.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because libsndfile-1.DLL
was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
I checked the program files and it's there exactly as shown above: libsndfile-1.DLL

I don't remember how, but I managed to get one sequence file loaded and it plays okay until I try to load another or try to open the styles list. Any attempt to do these things freezes the program and requires shutdown via the task manager.

Don

If I generate a small song. Say 4 bars then I open up a BIAB file all works fine. I must generate the small file first.
If Running RB 2018, make sure libsndfile-1.dll is present in your Realband\data folder. If not, then bbw2.exe can't run at all and that can cause RB to freeze up. You can copy it from the RealBand folder to the data folder if it's not present in the data folder. I don't know why, but I installed RB 2018 onto a Win10 computer and for some reason libsndfile-1.dll didn't install to the data subfolder of RealBand and it should have.
Seems better now. Copied libsndfile-1.dll to the RealBand/data folder and can now open BIAB work. Thanks
The RealBand update patch will now fix the misplaced dll issue.

(The program is still build 2, but just install the patch again and it should fix the problem).
Thank you Andrew, it's fixed!
Wow,
That caused a lot of issues.
May be worthy of a sticky or a note in the the current running RB Update thread.
I was missing it on a Win7 Professional system. So not sure W10 is the issue.

Thanks Jeff and Andrew
Thanks Fixed. Just wondering, why I'm now getting a guitar midi track playing alongside my realtracks - out of time - and more significantly not invited!
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it's really fixed. I still had to apply the workaround after having the latest version. At least I think I'm on v2, it says 2018(2).

I was beginning to think it was just me, but I haven't activated
the product yet, so I thought maybe that might have also been it. I've been really impressed so far, I didn't realize how far the product has come along.

Yes, admin rights, win 10, i7 24gb ram SSD. I'll get around to doing my sig soon.
© PG Music Forums