PG Music Home
Posted By: Phil Babylon Problems with WAS Driver - 12/06/17 01:33 PM
Hi,
Anyone else had this...?

If I use the new WAS driver in Realband somehow my laptop doesn't recognise when I plug in headphones: music continues to play through the laptop speaker rather than headphones.

I do not have this problem with Band In A Box.

I can go into the Realband audio setup and manually select headphones but having to do this each time is tiresome. If I select the MME driver then headphone use is detected automatically.

Any ideas from those far more technically literate than I?

Regards

Phil
Posted By: jford Re: Problems with WAS Driver - 12/06/17 04:14 PM
It's probably the sound card. On my laptop, if I select MME, I can easily switch between speakers and headphones by just plugging in the headphones. However, if I use the ASIO driver, I have to configure it to use either the speakers our the headphones. I suspect it's similar for the WAS driver. Try opening the WAS control panel and see if you can switch it there.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Problems with WAS Driver - 12/06/17 09:23 PM
I'm not sure if this is related:

From the release notes for 2018:
Quote:
Windows Audio (WASAPI) driver format support. This allows for low latency audio recording/playback without requiring ASIO. Note: this supports 1 stereo input plus 1 stereo output at a time.

For multiple inputs/outputs, you should continue to use either MME or ASIO.
Posted By: Phil Babylon Re: Problems with WAS Driver - 12/07/17 12:36 PM
Hi.
Thanks all for the answers. I understand WAS doesn’t support multiple ins and outs and so can see the logic of having to choose headphones as an output manually. But what I can’t figure out is why on the same machine (same souncard and setup obviously) in Band in a Box the selection happens automatically when I plug the headphones in. What has BIAB got that RealBand hasn’t?

Regards

Phil
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Problems with WAS Driver - 12/07/17 02:42 PM
Good point. We plan to make it a setting, with the default that it will work like Band-in-a-Box.
Posted By: Phil Babylon Re: Problems with WAS Driver - 12/09/17 02:01 PM
Good one. Look forward to it.
Regards
Phil
Posted By: Jeff Yankauer Re: Problems with WAS Driver - 12/15/17 05:16 AM
That should be fixed in Build 4 very soon. Thanks.
Posted By: Phil Babylon Re: Problems with WAS Driver - 12/17/17 07:58 AM
Excellent. Have a good Christmas everyone!
© PG Music Forums