PG Music Home
Posted By: Rutabago Real Band audio problem in 2017 version. - 12/23/17 05:36 PM
I have tunes in RB for several years, playing them with no problem until yesterday. They are all still separate tracks, usually 4 or 5 Real tracks & Real Drums with possibly a vocal track added. I am using 2o17. ( My wife won't let me have 2018 until Christmas Day. )
Now, at some random part of the tune it starts to stumble. It's as though each bar can't load fast enough. I hope this makes sense as it's difficult to explain. I am using Windows 7. Loads of hard drive space. All help appreciated.....Hank
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band audio problem in 2017 version. - 12/23/17 05:45 PM
Consolidate Tracks may help.

Select all the tracks, from beginning to end, then consolidate.

This helps with both hard drive thrashing and some plugins (which may be the issue). Have you added any new plugins to the project?
Thanks Harv
No plugins being used. I will try consolidating. I just tried one of the tunes while I was typing this & it played ok. Hopefully it's fixed itself. Thanks for help.....Hank
HI HANK

If it does cure its self then I guess the day it was not working the computer was busy doing something in the background like update some program or other maybe over wi fi if you keep it on the internet when using RB.
Or some other scheduled task in the background.

Mike
Posted By: Teunis Re: Real Band audio problem in 2017 version. - 12/27/17 07:04 PM
I had similar after the last Win 10 1709 update I uninstalled and reinstalled my audio driver and all came fine.

Tony
I'm playing 4 gigs a week. Have been for a long time. In the audio prefs set buffer to the max. 4000. No glitches ever except an update that set default at 400.
© PG Music Forums