PG Music Home
Last night I opened a file and it played just fine. I closed that song, and opened a different one and got "initializing accompaniment function." After that, it locks up aside from the % monitor appears to continue to function. The rest of the computer runs fine and I can use the task manager to close it; but every time I get that same error now.

What I have tried is switching from MME to ASIO...and there was no ASIO there! Strange. I re d/led ASIO4ALLv2. So far, that hasn't solved it.

I also tried finding the realband.cfg file and the RB.ini files to rename, and didn't find either of those as an exact match.

(The above are recommendations from jFord. MUCH appreciation for those.)

I have also, restarted my computer several times to see if there was anything "funky" there.

Where it is odd(est) for me was it was working fine and just stopped working when I opened the new song. It was a song from BIAB. I even reopened and played the song in BIAB, and it did work there.

I have also tried several other songs, which had the same result of it just locking up.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You kinda reversed the file extensions in your post.
It should be RB.CFG and Realband.INI
Did you search those?
Originally Posted By: rharv
You kinda reversed the file extensions in your post.
It should be RB.CFG and Realband.INI
Did you search those?

No kidding? Great to know. I will search those now.

Just a quick update, I tried installing it on a different computer I have and the same thing is happening. Now I'm really confused.
So I switched to the ASIO driver and am now getting a message that says...

Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth

Undefined external error.

Note : If the driver you selected is the MIDI mapper, please select a different driver because not all versions of Windows support the MIDI mapper.

NOTE: FYI, some MIDI drivers cannot be used with ASIO drivers.
The solution to this problem is found in the below thread.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452413#Post452413

It turns out that in addition to renaming the two configuration files mentioned by rharv, installing the latest build got the program up and running.

I'm guessing that the build overwrote a corrupted program file with a working version of the file.

Originally Posted By: Noel96
The solution to this problem is found in the below thread.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452413#Post452413

It turns out that in addition to renaming the two configuration files mentioned by rharv, installing the latest build got the program up and running.

I'm guessing that the build overwrote a corrupted program file with a working version of the file.

I agree Noel. The update seemed to do the trick. It's running wonderfully now.

I came to update the thread, but see you already have. smile It's always good documentation for when people run into problems. I wish I could change the OP to add "SOLVED." That would be handy.

Anyway, thank you guys for the help. You have NO idea how much I appreciate it! smile
Quote:
I wish I could change the OP to add "SOLVED." That would be handy.

I think you can. Reply to your own post and edit the subject to include [Solved].
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Quote:
I wish I could change the OP to add "SOLVED." That would be handy.

I think you can. Reply to your own post and edit the subject to include [Solved].

I guess I just had to use the "edit" option. Thanks VT!
© PG Music Forums