PG Music Home
Posted By: Noel96 Changing Drums in Realband (for Rich59) - 02/02/18 05:38 AM
Rich,

This is the new thread that I created to answer you question about loading different styles of drums.

Click on the link below. It will take you to some Realband videos created by PG Music.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.realband.tips.htm

The three videos below at that site are worth watching. Even though they use Realband 2014, the principle is still the same today.

• Realband: Getting Started 1
  • Realband: Getting Started 2
  • Realband: Getting Started 3

This is how I change drums in Realband 2018...

1. Right-click on the drum track (#1 on the top image below).

2. Select "Generate" (#2).

3. Click on "Select and generate Realdrums" (#3).

4. The Realdrum Picker window will open. (See the lower image.)

5. Scroll through the list and select some drums.

6. Click "OK".

7. Wait for 30 seconds or so while the drums generate.

8. Now play the song.

Regards,
Noel

Description: Changing to a different style of drums
Attached picture drums changing to another style 1.JPG

Description: Realdrum Picker window
Attached picture drums changing realdrum picker 2.JPG
Posted By: Rich59 Re: Changing Drums in Realband (for Rich59) - 02/02/18 08:43 AM
Thanks, FYI for others. The instructions you write in BIAB for the drum tracks will not be followed because the track was not opened from BIAB song. The style name for the track still shows the original choice in both programs for some reason also.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Changing Drums in Realband (for Rich59) - 02/02/18 09:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Rich59
Thanks, FYI for others. The instructions you write in BIAB for the drum tracks will not be followed because the track was not opened from BIAB song. The style name for the track still shows the original choice in both programs for some reason also.

Rich,

I'm not following you. My instructions were for Realband not BIAB. In your previous thread you said...

"Can I replace the drum track with a different style in real band without having to delete the song and re-open from BIAB? "

The above answer that I gave addresses that question.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Rich59 Re: Changing Drums in Realband (for Rich59) - 02/02/18 11:51 AM
Sorry I will try to be more clear. I followed your instructions in Realband and changed the drum track to a different style. The drums do not come in on the original song until about half way through the tune. After I regenerated the new drums in Realband they started at the beginning of the song ignoring the settings I originally made when I created the song in BIAB. The original drum track in realband was following the settings that I created in BIAB. Now it is not. I hope that clears up what I was trying to state.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Changing Drums in Realband (for Rich59) - 02/02/18 04:36 PM
Rich,

I see.

In that case...

APPROACH 1

(a) open the original BIAB file

(b) instead of right-clicking on the drum track (as I say in #1 on the previous image), select the bars that you want the drums to play in by clicking on the first bar where the drums start and then dragging the mouse along over the bars you want to hear drums play.

(c) now repeat the previous instructions about generating drums but just for the selected bars. (In Realband it's possible to generate sections of Realdrums and Realtracks.)

APPROACH 2

To my mind, this is the easier way.

(a) select the bars that you don't want to play

(b) delete them

APPROACH 3

Use volume envelopes to turn the drum volume to zero for the bars that you don't want to hear and then bring the volume back up to normal for the bars in which you want the drums to play.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Rich59 Re: Changing Drums in Realband (for Rich59) - 02/02/18 05:10 PM
Thanks again. I appreciate all the help you have given.
Regards,
Rich
© PG Music Forums