PG Music Home
Posted By: Rich59 converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 02/26/18 01:50 PM
I cannot find my mp3 files anywhere on my computer after saving them from a wave file in Realband. I have even tried creating a folder on my desk top and directing them there but I see nothing. The pop ups indicate that the conversions were completed.
As always thanks for your help
Rich
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 02/26/18 02:15 PM
You can open the Windows start button and use the search function to determine the location RealBand placed the file.

I would try entering the name of a wav file first because you know those files exist. Once you entered the name of a wav file correctly then change the name suffix from wav to MP3 and search again. For example first search for "MySong.wav" then search for "MySong.MP3".

The searches shouldn't take too long because most computers have fast file indexing enabled by default.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 02/26/18 09:02 PM
One of the quirks of RB is that it first renders to WAV and then tries to convert to mp3.

Are you seeing the wav file get created (the 'merge') and also the 'conversion' to mp3? It would be a 2nd bar that scans across with progress as it processes everything.

Also; do you have Write privileges on the desired folder?
One test may be to right-click RB and select 'Run as Administrator' to launch it, then try, as this gives advanced privileges for some actions.
In other words, maybe RB can't write to the desktop. Slim but possible.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 02/27/18 08:53 AM
I have used the search button but the mp3 s do not show up. I see a single bar process accross the screen stating converting to mp3 and then a pop up that says mp3 conversion complete.
I am using run as Administrator and I only created the file on the desk top and directed the mp3s to that file only after I could not find them. Still nothing.
I am first opening the wav. file in Realband then I am trying to convert it. Maybe I should try converting from the seq. file if that is possible. I don't have the time now but I can try that tonight.
Posted By: rharv Re: converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 02/27/18 08:41 PM
It can be done, but is likely not the issue and would take much longer to Render to Compressed File.
The Wav should work.

I assume you've checked the folder the original WAV file was in and the Realband folder (?) Just to see.
This is a strange one. People have trouble rendering to mp3, but you seem to complete the render .. then no file .. weird.
I'll try to think of something else to check.
Rich, a dumb question just to confirm the obvious:

Do you have a MP3 codec installed? RB doesn't have that automatically unless you're on 2018 with the latest build.

This is an example btw of you not providing that info in your first post. See my sig info at the bottom of this reply, you should provide us with all that too.

Bob
Posted By: Rich59 Re: converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 03/02/18 05:25 PM
I have BIAB 2018 latest build. How would I check for the codec?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 03/02/18 11:42 PM
The easiest way is just use LameDrop http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-CD-Rippers-Encoders/LamedropXPd.shtml
Drag the track to DROP WAV then drag it to LameDrop, this will save the mp3 to C:\RealBand\DragDrop instantly without all the PG dialogs one after the other.
Right click the LameDrop for settings.

Attached picture BB-Lame-Drop.gif
Attached picture Lame-Drop-Options.jpg
Posted By: Rich59 Re: converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 03/03/18 11:24 PM
Thanks I will check that out.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
The easiest way is just use LameDrop http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-CD-Rippers-Encoders/LamedropXPd.shtml
Drag the track to DROP WAV then drag it to LameDrop, this will save the mp3 to C:\RealBand\DragDrop instantly without all the PG dialogs one after the other.
Right click the LameDrop for settings.

Great tip and demo Pipeline, thanks!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: converting wad file to mp3 in Realband - 03/04/18 05:36 PM
IF Rich59 has 2018 BiaB, he shouldn't need the LAME MP3 encoder. PG Music added a MP3 encoder to 2018 Band-in-a-Box. This is from page 24 of the 2018 Band-in-a-Box New Features pdf file:

Quote:
High Resolution MP3 Audio Rendering
Band-in-a-Box will render songs to MP3 files in the highest resolution available (320 kilobits per second).
Enhanced and Faster M4A Audio Rendering
This uses Windows functions instead of Apple® QuickTime® Library for Windows®.
© PG Music Forums