PG Music Home
Posted By: Tano Music Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/04/18 09:50 PM
I originally posted this on the BIAB forum b/c I thought I was having the problem on both BIAB and RB platforms, but now I see it's only in RB.
When I go to select my synths, both on the MIDI devices dialog box as well as attempting to set a midi track to Coyote/Forte (I have both), these 2 don't appear as options...yet they did appear up until very recently.
I've re-installed Forte, I've rebooted both RB and Windows--no change.
I'm on the latest version of RB, and Win10.
Noel suggested that I check the MIDI device/Default DXi/VSTi Synth box, but, again, neither Coyote nor Forte appears any longer.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/04/18 10:16 PM
Have you upgraded to the latest version of RB? We're presently up to Build #5. To check which version you have, have a look under "Help | About Realband".

If you need it, the latest build can be found at the below link.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

Just download it and run it manually.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/04/18 11:19 PM
Have you tried to use the synths in another music application such as a DAW? I'm wondering if something might have happened to the synths.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/05/18 12:19 AM
Thanks Noel...yup, up on latest version.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/05/18 12:32 AM
In the \Realband directory, there's a file called

DXiPluginList.ini

1. Close Realband.

2. Go to the Realband directory and rename that file to DXiPluginList.ini.OLD (so that it can be retrieved if needed)

3. Right-click on Realband's start-up shortcut and select "Run as administrator". This will start Realband in administrator mode. It will also force the program to read Windows registry and create a new DXiPluginList.ini file.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/05/18 12:40 AM
Thanks Jim...Just installed Reaper Eval...it sees Forte and Coyote DXI's. So it's definitely a Realband problem. I'll reinstall and see if it resolves it.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/05/18 12:47 AM
Tried that just now...no change..I'll give tech support a call tomorrow.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/05/18 01:14 AM
Have a look at Kent's reply in the below thread. It's something else worth trying...

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=432015

Lastly, and just checking, when you renamed DXiPluginList.ini was it definitely the one that began with DXi? The reason I ask is because there is a similar file in Realband directory that begins with DX and not DXi.

All the best with Support.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Realband doesn't see DXi synths - 03/05/18 12:56 PM
"Is there a file in your RealBand folder called "MaxPluginsToScan.txt"? If there is, please close RealBand and delete that file, then see if the DX plugins then appear.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music"

...AWESOME! Fixed! Thanks Noel and Kent!!
© PG Music Forums