PG Music Home
Posted By: Rich59 Re-installation update - 03/26/18 11:57 AM
After resolving all the issues with my re-installation of Windows 10 I am finally up and running. However, I am forced to run drivers from Windows or asio4all. If I use asio4all I only get Realband to play back through my computer speakers. If I use Windows drivers I can switch playback to my monitors. I assume this is because my audio interface Tascam 2x2 is also asio and for some reason it will not play nice with Real band unless I select it as an MME driver.
Any thoughts on how I might be able to use asio4all and get playback through my mnonitors?
Posted By: jford Re: Re-installation update - 03/26/18 12:03 PM
Have you updated your Tascam drivers? It looks like Tascam updated the Tascam 2x2 drivers on March 23, 2018.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: Re-installation update - 03/26/18 12:27 PM
yup sure did
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Re-installation update - 03/26/18 06:12 PM
Hi Rich,

There really should be a Tascam ASIO driver that you can use. If you don't see one, then the device's drivers aren't installed correctly.

That being said, ASIO4ALL will play through whichever device you tell it to. In the ASIO Audio Drivers window, you'd select ASIO4ALL and click the ASIO Driver's Control Panel button. A window will appear where you can select which device yo'd like to use.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: jford Re: Re-installation update - 03/27/18 11:13 AM
Quote:
That being said, ASIO4ALL will play through whichever device you tell it to. In the ASIO Audio Drivers window, you'd select ASIO4ALL and click the ASIO Driver's Control Panel button. A window will appear where you can select which device yo'd like to use.

That's a good point. ASIO4ALL will pick up your default audio device and you need to go in a tell it that you want to use a different audio device. Best way to do that is to click on the little "wrench" icon that puts you in advanced mode and it's easier to select which audio devices you want to manage.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: Re-installation update - 03/27/18 07:11 PM
where is the wrench located?
Posted By: jford Re: Re-installation update - 03/29/18 01:07 PM
See the bottom right of the below image for the wrench. Click on the wrench once for the simplified interface, and again to toggle to the advanced interface, which gives you access to all the ports on all your sound sources (see the little + symbols next to the interface to open each one to select accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Attached picture ASIO4ALL Wrench.JPG
Posted By: Rich59 Re: Re-installation update - 03/29/18 03:30 PM
Yes, I tried that but when I select the Tascam driver I do not get any sound. I am thinking maybe I should try using the synth as a standalone for recording into Realband.
© PG Music Forums