PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 How do you make your own Real Tracks? - 04/15/18 02:35 PM
I tried to search but the search finds every word, so "create real tracks" returns every post with "create" and "real" and "tracks", and that is no help. It'd be great to search by phrase using quotation marks to indicate that your target is that phrase. I tried that too and it didn't change the results.

There was talk of vocal real tracks on another thread. I would like to make my own simple "ooh" and "aah" real tracks but I have no idea how to even start to do that. Would one of you kind souls who have done this please share the process with me?
The term they've designated for creation of personal real tracks and not the commercial PGMusic RealTracks is User Tracks.

Vocal audio would be recognized for a User Track the same as any instrument so you would use a User Track Template the same as any instrument. I suggest you experiment with the simple 10 minute template. That consists of choosing an appropriate BB style for your instrument (in other words, a style in which your Ooos's and Aaaah's sound good. Oooo over 8 bars of C, 8 bars of E, 8 over G and 8 over A and then create a User Track with Aaaah's over the same template of 32 measures.

Timing is the key to getting a User Track to work in my experience.

You can continue to add additional audio tracks to your User Track folder and the more audio you add, the better and more versatile your User Track will be.

Something to be aware of and that Notes Norton has encountered with his midi styles is to make sure your audio is not too specific so that no matter what audio you use your User Track with that it becomes identifiable with a specific song.

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: How do you make your own Real Tracks? - 04/15/18 11:23 PM
Search in the "Files" section of the +++ Yahoo UserTracks Group +++ and you'l find some pdf files I created that provide UserTracks information.

The group is set up where you have to be a member of the group. This is sole;y to prevent the group from being consumed by SPAM.
Hi Eddie,

There's a tutorial here that explains how it works: http://www.pgmusic.com/usertracks1.htm

These instructions are for Band-in-a-Box, but you can do the same thing in RealBand, since RB can save songs in Band-in-a-Box format.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Going to be very tricky to get something that sounds contextually correct. You sing over random chords so what note do you sing? All roots? 3rds, 5ths etc.
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Eddie,

There's a tutorial here that explains how it works: http://www.pgmusic.com/usertracks1.htm

These instructions are for Band-in-a-Box, but you can do the same thing in RealBand, since RB can save songs in Band-in-a-Box format.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

For Eddie in particular since he is familiar with RB and uses it rather than Biab, it may be more convenient to use RB and the fact that RB makes it easy - easier than with Biab, to create and save User Tracks. Look at the submenu of Render in the top Tool Bar and select the Save as User Track option and a window opens up that essentially automates the User Track procedure. It creates and names the chord chart and audio file in the correct folder with the proper naming configuration.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How do you make your own Real Tracks? - 04/18/18 03:58 PM
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=398227#Post398227

The trouble with UserTracks is they over transpose so a vocal track will sound like Bee Gees to Bary White.

Love_Again_mixdown.mp3

If you use the BB Chord Output track and send it to an Oohs, Awes, Dos, Wops VST you will get better results.

Simple Choir Backing in Biab Win Mac (RB, DAW)
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: How do you make your own Real Tracks? - 04/19/18 07:16 AM
I am off topic and I apologize. I laughed at the Barry White comment.

Great start to the morning!

...Deb
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: How do you make your own Real Tracks? - 04/25/18 10:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
The trouble with UserTracks is they over transpose so a vocal track will sound like Bee Gees to Barry White.

That's probably okay. I already sound VERY white....
© PG Music Forums