PG Music Home
I am sitting here previewing styles and marking some as faves. When I hear drums I like, how can I see what Real Drum track that style is using? I expended the header columns but didn't see where I would find that.

And as far as drums.... Does anybody know if any of these styles have a snare pattern that is NOT on beat? I need a pattern where the second snare hit is not on the 4, but on the and after 3.

So

one and TWO and three AND four and

I tried editing a drum pattern but without being able to separate the snare from the kick it sounded awful. I mean, imploding building awful.
Eddie,

I'm not sure what you know and what you don't so I'll just list all the things that I know in the hope that one of them might be useful.

1. When in Stylepicker

(a) With version 2018, when a style is selected all the tracks, including drums, are listed in a kind of mixer display (#1 on IMAGE 1 below).

(b) This information is also repeated over in memo window (#2) but it's necessary to scroll down usually (#3).

2. When the Style is loaded in Realband

When the style has been selected and loaded into Realband, all information regarding tracks is contained under "Comments" (#1) on IMAGE 2 below.

3. Interpreting Realdrum information

On IMAGE 2, the Realdrums are given as...

NashvilleSkip^02-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare

The name is obvious.

What is not so obvious is the ^02 at the end of the name. This number tells the user which variation of the drums has been used. In this instance, the ^02 is saying that variation #2 has been chosen. (See IMAGE 3 below. This image is from Realdrum Picker.)

4. Building a Customised Drum Loop

All Realdrum tracks are contained in the folder "bb\Drums".

By going to the folder that has the same name as the Realdrums loaded into a style, it's possible to load in the audio file that the drums are created from.

When that file is loaded onto a Realband track, at the end of it, the individual drums are recorded.

Using these individual sounds, it's possible to for a user to use copy and paste (on a new track or two) and assemble what drum sounds play on what beats. This pattern could then be saved as a loop with acidized information so that it could be used by Realband as a loop.

Regards,
Noel

Description: IMAGE 1... Realdrum information in Stylepicker
Attached picture Stylepicker realdrum information.JPG

Description: IMAGE 2... Track information contained within Comments
Attached picture Comments realdrum information.JPG

Description: IMAGE 3... Interpreting Realdrum variation number
Attached picture Realdrum variations.JPG
That's a good starting point. Thanks.
The Noel knows! wink

grin Noel, looks like another great post to add to Tricks & Tips! grin
To follow up and give Noel his props, as I told him in private, given what he told me, I made the drum loop i needed in about 8 minutes.

Allow me...

I found, in a bossa Real Drum pattern, 1 measure of the exact thing I needed. However, it was too fast, and a WMA file. So, step 1 was opening that WMA file in Adobe Audition. From there I snipped out everything in front of and behind the measure I needed. Then I saved that out into a WAV, leaving it at 140 bpm. I then read it in a beat analyzer, as well as timed it with a metronome. It was indeed at 140 bpm. So I opened Real Band, and set up a blank song at 140 bpm. I then imported that one measure. I pasted it 31 times to create a 32 bar loop, then adjusted the tempo to 128 bpm, the tempo of the song they will be used in. I rendered it out as a WAV. And it will be perfect.

Once again I can say I learned a new thing today.
I like your plan of attack, Eddie. I hadn't thought of it that way before.
You can search the DrumGrooveNames.txt http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=462542#Post462542

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=368657
I use a midi drum synth when I want custom drum hits. Jamstix is my weapon of choice.

It's pretty easy to find something that fits most of the songs I write, but if I want something custom, I can use JS to get it done. Usually, it's just a measure or two... and pretty easy to do in the synth. Of course, I do that in my DAW Sonar and not in PG.
© PG Music Forums