PG Music Home
Turned on note names in notation view to check a few things out and now have note names on every song in both notation and lead sheet views. Have gone through users manuals, searched help, shut program and computer down and still unable to stop RB from showing note names on every song I have. How can I turn this off?
I'm running Realband build 5 and there seems to be a problem with the Big Note names.

Once they're activated, they don't turn off for me.

The activate/deactivate option I'm using is the "Big Note Names" toggle in Lead Sheet mode. In this mode, the on/off switch is found on the left side of the time signature button/setting.

The only way that I can reset Realband so that Big Note names don't show is to close Realband, delete the configuration files (RB.CFG, Realband.INI) and start Realband. This forces RB to create new configuration files. (It's necessary to reconfigure audio and midi setup after deleting (or renaming) the above two files.)

If I activate Big Note Names after deleting the above two files, it does not turn off and I need to re-delete the two files mentioned.

I have reported this to the developers.

Regards,
Noel
Thanks Noel, appreciate your insight into this. Right, I'm running RB 5 also, didn't see this on previous versions. I was kinda thinking that this might be a bug in the program too but didn't want to jump to any conclusions until someone more knowledgeable could reproduce the "error".

Kinda a bummer in that I can't play by ear and need the notation but seeing all of those note names is distracting.

Hopefully Jeff Yankauer and the Team can come up with a fix. Until then, I'll try your config deletion but certainly don't look forward to reconfing all my hardsynth ini files.

Jeff
Jeff,

Take some screen shots of your audio and midi set up. That should help get it back quickly.

Regards,
Noel
Hi guys,

That Big Notes Mode button changes the Font Size to 120% and selects Absolute beside Note Names in Notation Window Options, and there is an issue with turning off the feature using the Big Notes Mode button, as it keeps the Note Names activated.

This is pretty easy to get around. After turning off Big Notes Mode, hit the Opt button in the Notation window to get to Notation Window Options, select None beside Note Names, and click OK. Though I do have what I'm pretty sure is the same issue as you (it's been reported), this workaround does work for me.

This came up in another thread about a month ago:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=68347&Number=467153#Post467153

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Thanks, Kent. Appreciate it. I remember that you mentioned this a little while back but I couldn't quite recall the details of the solution.
You're very welcome! Please let us know if this doesn't do the trick.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums