PG Music Home
Posted By: KGU 2 Upgrade to RB 2018? - 07/13/18 12:42 AM
Hey all,

I'm just getting started with RB 2017. Im using the latest
version, I find it kind of "quirky" compared to my other DAWS.

would you recommend 2018 for me, instead?

thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Upgrade to RB 2018? - 07/13/18 12:53 AM
KGU,

I mention this just in case it's not something that's been mentioned before.

With Realband (and BIAB for that matter), it's always best to run them in Administrator Mode.

To set this up...

1. close BIAB or RB

2. right-click on the program's startup short-cut

3. select "Properties"

4. under the "Compatibility" tab, activate the options "Run as administrator"

5. Start BIAB or RB

It's also possible to right-click on the start-up shortcut and select "Run as administrator" each time the program is booted. You will also need to say "Yes" to Windows when it asks if you give permission.

======

As for RB 2018, as would be expected, it is more advanced than 2017. That said, it cannot be purchased as a separate program; it is included with BIAB.

To be honest, I think that you should play around with 2017 to start with and to develop familiarity. Then, if you feel there's value in it for you, look at getting BIAB/RB 2018.

While RB has many DAW qualities, it is not only a DAW. It's biggest feature is that it reads BIAB files and generates backings just like BIAB. For me, that's a huge feature.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: Upgrade to RB 2018? - 07/13/18 01:53 AM
thanks Noel96,

I changed it over. Fingers crossed!
Posted By: silvertones Re: Upgrade to RB 2018? - 07/13/18 11:03 AM
I have found RB to get more quirky as new versions come out. I no beginner and it daunting to get through a tune. Takes me at least 4 hours.
I use PT for play back.
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: Upgrade to RB 2018? - 07/13/18 01:16 PM
Originally Posted By: silvertones
I have found RB to get more quirky as new versions come out. I no beginner and it daunting to get through a tune. Takes me at least 4 hours.
I use PT for play back.

Ouch! Thanks for feedback silvertones.
© PG Music Forums