PG Music Home
Posted By: MountainSide Upgrade issue and activation codes.... - 07/17/18 07:33 AM
Recently, I noticed that there was an upgrade to version 5 of RB that I missed. I downloaded it, ran it and now I'm getting an activation error each time I start RB. I acknowledge the error, do to Help, Utilities, Activate and re-activate RB and then all seems fine. Why would this be happening?
Posted By: sslechta Re: Upgrade issue and activation codes.... - 07/17/18 11:27 AM
I see there is also a recent REALTRACKs update. Maybe you need to run that one too before trying RB again. Just a guess......
If you buy direct from PG you are automatically activated.
I can't think of any reason that installing an update patch would trigger something like that... What does the error say?
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Have reinstalled RB update 2018 (5) again...no change...still getting error that the program is not activated. Here is the error message:
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/31w09mmt759jf8f/Capture.GIF?dl=0[/img]
Hmmm....sorry about that. Had hoped to post a GIF from Dropbox. Guess I need some advice on how to do that too. I thought I could just post the link from Dropbox. Am I missing a step?

Jeff
Hey MountainSide,

I had the exact same issue about a month ago. As the error message states, you have exceeded your allotted number of activations per-license. IIRC, this happened when I reinstalled the program on the same laptop (I'm assuming it's because I re-entered the activation code upon booting up the reinstalled program) and the program is designed to recognize the number of acitivations, rather than the number of computers it was activated on).

Rectifying the matter was a breeze. I simply called the toll-free customer support number, and had my activations reset or something of the sort by an exceedingly helpful and polite Ember, after which the program booted up and ran smooth as you please.
Thanks...good info. I'll give them a call.
Actually it doesn't matter how many times the program is activated on the same computer, it's only different computers that matter. In this case, it looks like something changed on the computer such that the program thinks it's a different computer. One way to fix it to
1. Close RealBand
2. Delete rb2018* files from C:\Users\Public\Ticket
3. Open RealBand and re-activate.
Right...a quick call to PG's excellent support line and a quick walk-through of Andrew's procedure above resolved all issues. Thanks for all who helped!

Jeff
© PG Music Forums