PG Music Home
Posted By: Antho1965 Cannot uncheck direct input - 07/29/18 03:28 PM
So I am now having the following issue with direct input and yes I have tried to rebuild the database and it does not fix this issue.

I somehow have a few of my guitar tracks in real band that I had set to direct input in previous songs I had worked on now unable to uncheck the direct input check box...

For example - instruments numbered - 2444, 2445, 2446, 2447, 2624, 2625....and so on. None of these are set as direct input by default and no matter what song I open I cannot seem to find a way to uncheck the direct input.

The worst of this is that ALL of the guitar tracks I try and generate from RB are created as DI tracks when that option isn't even selected for them.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Plus to me this sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed...
Posted By: rharv Re: Cannot uncheck direct input - 07/29/18 03:47 PM
Well here, 2444 has Direct Input disabled.
2445 is the Direct Input variation of 2444.
(etc for the other examples I assume).

If I select 2444 I can not enable the Direct Input check box.
If I select 2445 I can not disable Direct Input, because this is the Direct Input variation of 2444.
But the option in the RT picker does seem a bit wonky.

Hope that makes sense.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Cannot uncheck direct input - 07/30/18 09:50 PM
Hi Antho1965,

Like Rharv said, 2445 and 2447 are Direct Input-only, but 2444, 2446, 2624, and 2625 shouldn't be able to be set as Direct Input at all.

When you see 2444, 2446, 2624, and 2625 in the RealTracks Picker, is the Direct Input checkbox greyed out? It's greyed out for me, but is unchecked and can't be checked, not the other way around.

Are you using RealBand 2018 or something older? Also, which build are you running?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cannot uncheck direct input - 07/31/18 03:19 AM
Tony,

This sounds similar to a problem that sometimes arises in BIAB. I wonder if it's related.

In BIAB... If one loads a style that has RT settings like DI, Simpler, Bluesy, etc., built into the style, then those settings are greyed out and cannot be changed unless one enters into Stylemaker. The settings only affect the BB track that they are assigned to in the style.

Here's a thread on it that I posted a while ago.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=453488&#Post453488

Are you loading your guitars on the blue BB tracks or the non-BB tracks? That could make a difference.

Out of curiosity, what is the style that RB presently has loaded? It might be that changing to a different style will help.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums