PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Only able to see one part of one measure - 08/14/18 09:14 PM
I was working on a song when suddenly I could only see a part of one measure. It was like an extreme zoom. I don't know what I clicked to get it but I can't get back to seeing 5 or 6 measures at once.

I went to the Help index and searched under view. I got nothing.

Can anyone tell me what I did and how to fix it? And to the staff of PG, could you write a topic titled View that addresses this?

Thanks to all.
Posted By: rharv Re: Only able to see one part of one measure - 08/14/18 09:34 PM
Depends on which window this happened in.

If it's the main Tracks view, simply moving the scroll wheel on the mouse can cause this.
Maybe try going back to that file, using the Tracks view and moving the mouse wheel will zoom in/out. The mouse has to be over the Track data area, and not the name section for this to work.

(However if it is in the Audio Edit window there are two sets of +/- buttons, one for height and one for length of the zoom that handle this)

I'm guessing if it was accidental, it happened when using the mouse scroll wheel while the mouse was positioned over the track data area.

This action has a different effect than when the mouse is positioned over the track Name area in the same Tracks view.
When the mouse is over the data area (waveform or MIDI data) it zooms .. when it is over the Name area of the same window it scrolls up/down.

I'm not a fan of the differing behavior, but others feel differently.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Only able to see one part of one measure - 08/14/18 11:29 PM
I was able to fix my song by highlighting the track and using the minus button in the Zoom tab. How this happened in the first place, I will never know.

But wait, RB is the gift that keeps on giving. I figure out one thing and another happens. Now the marker gets stuck during playback and I am having dropouts.

I thought the comment the other day about getting a real DAW like Reaper was a bit harsh. But maybe that guy had something. Every day, I find a new glitch and I have updated to the latest version.
Nothing beats the capabilities of BB but that may not be true of RB. I just don't understand why I am having this many problems.
Hi 2bSolo,

Let's click on Options, then Preferences, and click on the Audio tab. What's the Audio Driver Type?

Next, please click on Drivers. What's selected in the window that appears, and what else is available?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums