PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Midi problems after reset and reinstall - 09/06/18 11:08 AM
The other day my computer got stuck in an auto repair loop. So I had to reset and reinstall some programs, including BB and RB. Now, a song that was close to finished has this unusual problem. On one midi track, the sound is piano for 36 measures. Then it changes to something else that sounds like midi guitar for two measures. Then it changes back to piano.

Anyone have a notion about the cause and the fix? Thanks.

2b

Hi
I would open the song then press F5 and see if there is any voice changes set for the two bars in question on your piano track,
Mike
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi problems after reset and reinstall - 09/06/18 05:01 PM
Like Mike stated Program Changes will do that. I will add that if that MIDI file was imported from a source other than BiaB that Program Change may be on another track. This is especially true of downloaded Internet MIDI files.

Good luck
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Midi problems after reset and reinstall - 09/06/18 05:46 PM
Thanks to both of you. All the tracks are from BB. Still, I will try that.
Hi 2bSolo,

Window - New - Event List (or F2) will bring up a list of every single MIDI even on every track, it's an invaluable troubleshooting tool for any MIDI-related issues as you can peek under the hood and see a lot more info that the Notation or Piano Roll windows provide.

You'll find the Program changes that way, guaranteed.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Midi problems after reset and reinstall - 09/07/18 12:04 PM
Thanks, Kent.

Funny thing. My function keys no longer work. I have looked on the internet and I haven't found a solution yet. But you gave me a set of commands. I will try that.
Hi 2bSolo,

The solution to the Function key issue will likely be specific to your keyboard.

Are you using a USB keyboard, or the keyboard built into a laptop? With model of keyboard or laptop is it?

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Midi problems after reset and reinstall - 09/08/18 10:15 AM
It's a Toshiba laptop running Win 10. Satellite S855-S5369.
Hi 2bSolo,

Does hitting or holding down the FN key (to the left of Windows key) not do the trick?

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Midi problems after reset and reinstall - 09/11/18 11:16 AM
No, it just makes my monitor dim.

Thanks for trying.
HY

Try holding down the FN key while pressing the desired function key.
Mike
So I had to reset and reinstall some programs, including BB and RB. Now, a song that was close to finished has this unusual problem. On one midi track, the sound is piano for 36 measures
Hi Alphanumeric Onl,

Can you send the file as an email attachment to support@pg music.com please? I'll be happy to check it out.

In the future, I'd highly recommend starting a new topic for any questions you have, more people will see it that way. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums