PG Music Home
Posted By: occ Real band probllem - 09/07/18 05:50 PM
I have BIAB and Realband 2016. When I make a song in BIAB in the key of Gb and have a chord Cdim5 the Cdim5 chord changes to C in Realband. What am I doing wrong? Thanks occ
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real band probllem - 09/07/18 08:22 PM
When I look in the manual at the chord list, Realband only lists Cdim. It does not list the Cdim7 nor the Cdim5 that BIAB has. I suspect that this might be the reason.
Posted By: occ Re: Real band probllem - 09/07/18 10:17 PM
Thanks Noel. That worked. I thought that Realband would translate any chords from BIAB. You showed me something that I didn't know.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Real band probllem - 09/07/18 10:56 PM
Hi OCC,

Band-in-a-Box and RealBand support the same chords. I just made a test song in Gb, with only a Cdim5 entered, and the chord remained Cdim5 when opened in RealBand.

Would you mind emailing the song file to support@pgmusic.com? I'll be more than happy to test it.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Real band probllem - 09/07/18 11:06 PM
Sorry, just realized that you were using the 2016 version, and I tested this with 2018. I was able to replicate the issue with 2016, but in newer versions the Cdim6 chord is definitely supported by both apps.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: occ Re: Real band probllem - 09/08/18 09:50 AM
Hey Kent! I've been sick for about 2 years and haven't been able to upgrade. I've always upgraded in the past. Thanks for comment. occ
© PG Music Forums