PG Music Home
Hi

I'm ready to buy a decent interface to replace my old POD X3. All I need is two channels, phantom power, AND MIDI like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. I was hoping some of you could recommend some under $250 street. I just want to record voice and guitar along with MIDI from an old Proteus 1 (stop laughing). Interface should be user friendly - I'm not really MIDI literate. I want to use BBW and some MIDI backing tracks. I don't mind reading a manual, but should be novice friendly.
Thanks
helen
Hi Helen,

Do you already have the 2i4? If so I would recommend forgetting about buying a new POD type device and instead go with a software amp simulator along with the 2i4.

That's what I did here, I used a POD XT for many years for recording guitar but a couple of years ago went with a software solution.

Software amp simulation has come a long way in a short period of time, and continues to get better. I am using the S-Gear amp simulator, and in my opinion it sounds better than the POD ever did.

BTW you would probably get more responses if you posted this in the Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production forum, or maybe the off-topic forum. This particular forum is supposed to be for posts about realband.
Originally Posted By: helenmai
I was hoping some of you could recommend some under $250 street

Hi Helen, the absolutely best sounding Audio Interface for the money is the Behringer UMC404HD.

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-U-PHORIA-UMC404HD-Audiophile-Interface/dp/B0716Y8RZC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1539940114&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=behringer+umc404hd&psc=1

Half your budget, and not only's got one of the best-compiled drivers for latency, it's got one of the best preamps ever, made by Midas.

Looking at the price/performance relationship, it's simply a no-brainer. Guess what Audio interface *I* own...? wink
another vote for the UMC404HD. well within your budget and all the functionality you need. mine works fine with BIAB, RB and PT.

best price is possibly amazon - it was in the UK
Guys, look at the original post. She wants to replace her POD, which in addition to an interface is also an amp simulator.
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Guys, look at the original post. She wants to replace her POD, which in addition to an interface is also an amp simulator.

BIAB comes with Amplitube 3, which it IS an amp simulator, last time I've checked. wink
© PG Music Forums