PG Music Home
Posted By: bowlesj RealBand Options Resolution stopped working. - 12/12/18 03:49 PM
Hi, I am on a RealBand learning roll here and getting myself in trouble it seems :-)

I read Rharv's comments about setting the options resolution setting to a high value while using the Audio Edit window. So I changed the setting. I then double clicked on the track window and it come up in the Audio Edit window in the new resolution which is great. So I monkeyed around a bit trying some buttons hear and there and when I tried it again it stopped working. In other words I don't get the fine resolution even though I have it set very high. I have been trying to get it back.

Some things I tried.
  • I chose file new without saving then closing down RB and starting it again then opening the file and resetting to the higher resolution.
  • I looked for factory reset and I see no such feature.
  • Setting to 120 then back to the higher value.

It seems I am just shooting in the dark. Might anyone know how to get it back? To get my mind off it for now I am going to learn about creating and saving custom styles in BIAB before I create a view for my jam group.

Thanks,
John
I guess it doesn't matter. I just clicked the + button a few times to widen the resolution or zoom of the Audio Edit window and it remembers that setting so every time I double click to come in to it from the tracks window it has it.
But can you now grab tiny slivers of audio, or do they look more like 'chunks'.
At 1920 or 3840 you should be able to grab a very tiny piece even when zoomed in.

That's the true test for resolution on audio.

If you double click the From-Thru window, then click the single arrow to go to the end of measure whatever, what number is in that box?
That's your resolution. (Well you have to add 1)
So my resolution below is 3840

Attached picture from-thru_resolution.jpg
Thanks Rharv,

I included my image of the from thru window of copy after highlighting 1 bar. It seems to have value 1919. So I guess that means it is operating at the higher resolution.

I have another question which might have a surprise me answer. I fed my guitar direct into the computer to record a small 12 bar blues with RealBand. I then did what the click track video said to (mark the click track markers by pressing "L"), (adjusting the click markers to align them with the exact wave point that I figure I was strumming the first beat of the bar) then (I executed the click track function "Align Music to click track"). So I checked and it seemed to line up the audio track and the bar number lines to match the click track markers. So I was under the impression that this final process shifted the .wav file to match the bar markers at the top so the .wav file is in perfect time. However when I played it back I noticed that the Tempo box is showing a different speed as each click track marker sounds. So it seems as though the click track markers are being used to adjust the bar markers time rather than the other way around. In other words it is not fixing my inaccuracies but adjusting to my inaccuracies so that if I generate tracks they will also be adjusted to my inaccuracies.

Is this true? If it is true and my inaccuracies can not be corrected then it makes more sense for me to record full chorus acid loop tracks for my (jam group backing tracks) without using this technique and rather just record my guitar against the BIAB backing tracks and leave it at that. I am going to make a video for the group and if this is true it is a heck of a lot easier :-) in that I can completely eliminate all mention of the click track stuff.

John

Attached picture FromThru.png
Yep, looks like you are set up at 1920
So you should have pretty accurate audio editing.
3840 has twice as much accuracy and is the most accurate setting available in RB currently (far as I know)
But 1920 is much more accurate than 120
<grin>
I think when (I monkeyed around a bit trying some buttons hear and there) I must have change the zoom which gets stored. I confused the zoom with the resolution :-)
© PG Music Forums