PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/19/19 12:54 AM
Having a problem moving a file from BB to RB. Here are the details:

I am using BB 2016. The drums in the style started as Real Drums and I forced them to midi. They played in BB.

I dragged the midi drum track to the Drop Station quadrant labeled MID. I checked my files in Drag Drop and I have the track. I looked under Properties and it is a .MID file.

I went to RB. Erased everything on the track. Set track type to midi. Left clicked on File Import. Went to Drag Drop and found the file. Clicked on it. Got the blue turning circle on the RB screen. The circle disappears and I have...nothing.

Anyone have an idea what is going wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks.

2b
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/19/19 01:11 AM
I can confirm that it does not work in 2019 I can reproduce this and it will not drag to a midi track in RB
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/19/19 09:40 PM
That helps Rob. Thanks.

Seems like it should. I will try to call PG on Monday.

2b
Posted By: silvertones Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/19/19 11:21 PM
Can you not just open the *.mgu/sgu file directly in RB anylonger?Not at my computer right now.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/19/19 11:36 PM
Yeah you can.Just click file/open,find the song and double click.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/20/19 02:04 PM
Thanks, Silvertones. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying, but let me see if I do.

open the *.mgu/sgu file directly in RB

This file isn't in RB. It is in the Drag Drop file for BB. So I can't open it in RB.

I tried the Open With command and tried to get to RB but that doesn't work either.

If I am missing something, please tell me. Either way, thank you for taking the time to reply.

2b
Posted By: silvertones Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/20/19 03:16 PM
I'm sure once you were done you saved the song right? Now just open RB and open the mgu/sgu. Maybe I don't quite understand but we'll figure it out.
Posted By: rharv Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/20/19 03:16 PM
First open RB.
Then use File-Open to open your (previously) BB file.

Use Save As right away to save it to the native RB SEQ format, which then preserves your original BB file so you don't accidentally overwrite it, or end up not saving some new thing you added in RB that isn't supported in BiaB later.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/20/19 03:57 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
First open RB.
Then use File-Open to open your (previously) BB file.

Use Save As right away to save it to the native RB SEQ format, which then preserves your original BB file so you don't accidentally overwrite it, or end up not saving some new thing you added in RB that isn't supported in BiaB later.

Thanks Bob that's what I was saying but not as clearly. You also added the suggestion to save as .seq. That I forgot.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/21/19 12:53 AM
Silvertones and RHarv,

Thanks for the idea. I did it that way and got the drum track over to RB.

I already this song saved in RB. I'm still not sure the exxisting RB file couldn't take it from the Drag Drop folder.

I Saved As a second file with a slightly different name. That will let me work on the drum track and get it where it needs to go.

Thanks again.

2b
Posted By: rharv Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/21/19 08:53 PM
John,
Apparently we posted at the same time ..
if you'd done it 5 minutes earlier I wouldn't have bothered typing. smile

Attached picture simulpost.jpg
Posted By: silvertones Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/22/19 12:43 AM
cool
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Drag Drop from BB to RB - 01/24/19 11:37 AM
Here's an update that may help someone else. The original problem was I couldn't import a midi file from the BB Drag Drop folder into RB. RobH confirmed that BB 2019 wouldn't do it for him.

Yesterday I called PG and talked to Kent. He said the way to do it is to drag the midi file directly from BB's Drop Station to a track in RB. Since it is a hassle for me to get BB and RB on my laptop screen at the same time, I dragged from BB's Drop Station to my desktop and then to RB. That worked.

Thanks to all for the help.

2b
© PG Music Forums