PG Music Home
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Removing VSTi/DXi synths from ports - 01/30/19 02:51 PM
I was having trouble opening/using a RB file recently (Error message: "Not enough memory to map soundfont").
In the ports dropdown, I noticed I had about six instances of SampleTank (I presume this was from trying different instruments for various tracks).
I'm guessing this is the cause of my "Not enough memory to map soundfont" problems.
But how do I remove these SampleTank instances from the slots?
Similarly, I've noticed in other RB files where I have rendered Kontakt midi tracks to Wav files, a black Kontakt screen flashes up (and disappears) when I open the files. Does this mean Kontakt is still using up memory in these files that have only Wav tracks? If so, how do I fix this?
Please help.
Mike
Posted By: rharv Re: Removing VSTi/DXi synths from ports - 02/02/19 10:51 AM
To remove synths from ports, just right click the track, go to Ports and change the synth selection to None (or default DXi).

I don't know about the black Kontakt screen.
Originally Posted By: rharv
To remove synths from ports, just right click the track, go to Ports and change the synth selection to None (or default DXi).

I don't know about the black Kontakt screen.
Hi Rharv, thanks for responding but after I click the track and select ports I can see all the ports and their assigned synths but I still can't see an an option to select "none".
Mike
Posted By: rharv Re: Removing VSTi/DXi synths from ports - 02/04/19 09:14 PM
In that list click on the desired Port, then it's in the top drop down of the resulting window (from memory).

Or maybe, if that Track is assigned to that Port/Synth already
try clicking Edit VSTi/DXi
Then in the resulting dropdown change it from whatever it is to None.
See image below

Attached picture PortSynth_change.jpg
Originally Posted By: rharv
In that list click on the desired Port, then it's in the top drop down of the resulting window (from memory).

Or maybe, if that Track is assigned to that Port/Synth already
try clicking Edit VSTi/DXi
Then in the resulting dropdown change it from whatever it is to None.
See image below
Thanks rharv. Your second suggestion did the trick. Cheers, Mike
© PG Music Forums