PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 64 bit plugins - 02/09/19 02:31 PM
I have to say the the jbridge implementation is somewhat lacking. I have a great drum kit that is a 64 bit plugin and it is constantly locking me up. It's so bad that I don't even use it anymore, and I miss it. Anybody have any tips they can offer, something that I may be doing wrong? I mean, I don't know what I could do different. I load the plugin, jbridge launches to accommodate it, and when I try to close the program, jbridge locks the program up.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 64 bit plugins - 02/09/19 03:50 PM
Eddie,

I'm sure you've covered all the bases but my response may help others.

Have you reviewed the +++ HOW To USE JBRIDGE - A DETAILED WALKTHROUGH +++ installation instructions?

Have you looked at the jBridge troubleshooting tips +++ HERE +++ ?

Are you using v1.75 of jBridge? You can check by double clicking on the exe file and looking at the top left of the utility window.

Finally, have you tried contacting the jBridge +++ DEVELOPER +++ ?

What specific plugin are you having trouble with? Perhaps someone else in the forum has the plugin and has figured out a solution.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: 64 bit plugins - 02/09/19 05:34 PM
Eddie
What is the plugin, and what version of RB are you running?

About a year ago RB added the feature of sending a certain real time data to some drum plugins that use it.
Wondering if this plugin uses it, and if it is, is it something JBridge may have trouble converting (if you have a recent enough version of RB to be sending it in the first place).

Knowing these two things (plugin name and RB version) would help.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: 64 bit plugins - 02/13/19 12:23 AM
Hi Eddie,

Is there an error message that indicates that JBridge is locking RealBand up? If so, what are the exact words?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Pipeline Re: 64 bit plugins - 02/13/19 08:35 PM
You can try it with https://jstuff.wordpress.com/pluginflipflop/
or MiniHost https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=394808#Post394808
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: 64 bit plugins - 02/19/19 02:46 PM
The plugin is Cakewalk's Session Drummer 3. There is no error specific to the plugin, just "Real Band has stopped responding". The screen just goes into the pale ghost thing and I have to task manager my way out of it. So I just don't use the plugin. Which is sad because it's a sweet drum plugin.

I am running 2019 (3).

I should note that the plugin itself works while it is loaded and selected. It's when I try to close it or move off the screen of the plugin that my screen ghosts out and I crash.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: 64 bit plugins - 02/19/19 05:40 PM
Hi

“I should note that the plugin itself works while it is loaded and selected. It's when I try to close it or move off the screen of the plugin that my screen ghosts out and I crash.”

That seems like it may be some sort of ownership or permissions problem and something is trying to write or update when you leave the task .(no permission cant write Hangs)
Are you running as administrator (sorry for same old question)
Mike
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: 64 bit plugins - 02/19/19 09:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Hi
Are you running as administrator (sorry for same old question)

<sigh>

Of course I am.

Did you read the whole post? It works fine and crashed when I am CLOSING it. What am I "writing" when closing a plugin?
© PG Music Forums