PG Music Home
Posted By: Bob Calver Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/15/19 08:51 AM
Was trying it just for fun - my needs are modest - and when i had added amplitube as a plug in I was told I had some days use but needed to register/activate etc and then I was offered an updated version at which time I hit cancel.

Can I use the old version (which is what PG Music has licensed I presume) without further ado?

Maybe the plug in appears automatically in BIAB as the parent program but I haven't tried it
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/15/19 11:13 AM
and I was surprised that amplitube had to be added manually to the vst fx - still I managed to do that! haven't checked whether BIAB and PT have it already installed as default
Posted By: rharv Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/15/19 08:23 PM
You're in the Realband Forum and referencing BiaB and PT, so not sure which you mean, but ..
Amplitube 3 shows in my VST drop down here. It does appear to be a VST though, not a system installed DXi.

Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/16/19 06:28 AM
Thanks rharv. The issue occurred when I was trying out amplitube in RB hence this forum. I had to install it as a new vsti. The reference to BIAB and PT was based on my experience of sforzando which gets installed automatically in BIAB but I had to install manually to use high q patches in RB. As the flagship program BIAB works straight out of the box with all the extras ready to go. RB obviously doesn't.

However, sforzando worked fine once installed. When I launched amplitube in RB I was asked to register/activate - can't remember which and was told I had a few days to use the program before that was necessary. When I went through the process (assuming that my purchase through PG music as part of the 2019 bundle and probably through the 2018 purchase last year was legitimate) I thought I might get a 'registered through pg music' popup or similar. Instead I got an offer to buy a newer version so I stopped the process without registering etc.

Hence my questions

1) will amplitude stop working and then require registration?

2) if i need to register what is the process as I believe i am entitled to use the program without further payment

3) can i just ignore the popup that happened on my first use (assuming it won't popup again) and just keep using the plugin?
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/16/19 08:18 AM
Contact the support folks, they will be able to help you with the registration.

...Deb
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/16/19 09:27 AM
thanks Deb - have just done that but thought there's bound to be an expert here that could put me right. they usually do!
Posted By: rharv Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/16/19 10:49 AM
If I recall we did have to go through the song & dance of registering Amplitube.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=264517&Searchpage=32&Main=37881&Words=amplitube+registration&Search=true#Post264517

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=263625&page=1

Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/16/19 10:57 AM
thanks rharv - i eventually found some advice from Andrew that an authorization code for amplitube 3 could be obtained from PG Music sales.

amplitube custom shop is the latest version but its 64 bit and although i've managed to register that the code didn't work for amplitube 3 - and that's all i need - amplitube 3.11.2 is installed already but needs that d**n code!
Posted By: silvertones Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/16/19 11:11 AM
A song, dance and first born. IK Multimedia products have a tough registration format.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/17/19 01:55 PM
ok using my brain i downloaded and installed amplitude 4 which does have an authorization code

i already had jbridge installed so amplitube 4 64 bit works fine in 32 bit RB

should have used my brain to start with
Posted By: rharv Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/17/19 02:11 PM
Where was the key to Amplitube 4 found? Just curious whether I missed an upgrade along the way; in RB mine still says Amplitube 3.
I've always had the full versions so I must have missed it if 4 came with BiaB at some point in time.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/17/19 03:00 PM
no it didn't come with BIAB at all - I went on to the IK multimedia site and wondered what would happen if I installed amplitube 4 for free from their site. I had to register and got a key to amplitube and some other useful looking plugins. so i downloaded amplitube 4 and went ahead.

this was totally independent of BIAB and PG Music. As far as I can tell version 4 is almost identical to version 3 in terms of what comes for free but 4 has a lot more 'add-ons' you can buy from their custom shop that show up in the presets - version 3 says it can't open the preset browser but that might be because its unauthorised at the moment.

so for free - and easily installed and accessed via jbridge - I seem to have all the functionality I need. I get all the stomp boxes, some amp models and cabinet choices but i have not done a head to head comparison

Posted By: silvertones Re: Do I need to register amplitube? - 02/17/19 03:56 PM
It has always been easier to get AMPLITUBE from IK Multimedia. It's free and the registration goes easier.
© PG Music Forums