PG Music Home
Posted By: methodman VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/23/19 07:49 PM
I am unable to get the vast majority of my VST plugIns to work in RB The synths don't display completely. Any ideas? Thanks
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/23/19 10:32 PM
Yes just load them into MiniHost then they will be free and not constrained to the vst window.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526005#Post526005

EDIT: also if you have JBridge try PluginFlipFlop https://jstuff.wordpress.com/pluginflipflop/
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/24/19 01:18 AM
I watch these threads where PIpeline comes up with the extremely useful hacks to make things work, and we ALL appreciate that, but as I have been asking for years, WHY? Load MiniHost? Am I supposed to have to do that? Pluginflipflop? WTH is Pluginflipflop? Why?? This stuff is just supposed to work, isn't it? Without a bunch of hacking other programs together? Why did I pay money for JBridge? Isn't JBridge supposed to do all this?

Instead of pasting hacks together, how about they fix Real Band so we don't need to do that stuff?

I tried using MiniHost for something once and it was like being back in college programming classes. Load this, but don't load that yet, then stand on one foot and rub your stomach while you pat your head..... I never got MiniHost to do anything. At all. And again, I shouldn't have to do any of that. JBridge is supposed to do all this stuff, isn't it?
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/24/19 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
I watch these threads where PIpeline comes up with the extremely useful hacks to make things work, and we AL appreciate that, but as I have been asking for years, WHY? Load MiniHost? Am I supposed to have to do that? Pluginflipflop? WTH is Pluginflipflop? Why?? This stuff is just supposed to work, isn't it? Without a bunch of hacking other programs together? Why did I pay money for JBridge? Isn't JBridge supposed to do all this?

Instead of pasting hacks together, how about they fix Real Band so we don't need to do that stuff?

I tried using MiniHost for something once and it was like being back in college programming classes. Load this, but don't load that yet, then stand on one foot and rub your stomach while you pat your head..... I never got MiniHost to do anything. At all. And again, I shouldn't have to do any of that. JBridge is supposed to do all this stuff, isn't it?

Hey Eddie,

Minihost Modular was one of the most amazing things I've ever used within BiaB/RB (thanks again, Pipeline)!

I even made a short demonstration video about it that you might find useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexjietWWhc
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/24/19 04:09 AM
Thanks DeaconBlues09 I will have to remember to post your video with the MiniHost link.
RealBand and BB need to separate the vst from the main plugin window like Reaper does or move the track section out of the way to the side:

Attached File
BB-VST-Window-Resize.gif  (212 downloads)
Attached picture Reaper-Plugin-Window.gif
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/24/19 04:27 AM
This is PluginFlipFlop, you load it then load your plugin into it and it will be free (Joao is going to add an always on top for the plugin):

Attached File
RB-PluginFlipFlop.gif  (209 downloads)
Posted By: methodman Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 12:00 AM
Is this similar to midiox or midi yoke? Might as well make this into Dr T's Keyboard Controlled Synthesizer level 2. Made for Atari and Amiga's. That program was amazing for it's time. Is there anything in PG music that couldn't be done in KCS Level II. The manual is interesting to read. They didn't use Musician terms for anything. So it was kind of confusing when you don't understand anything. Anyways I studied that a lot in the 90's. Any one else have experience with that program?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 12:04 AM
Interesting that while I only installed the 32 bit version of MiniHost, when I load it, the 64 bit version runs, and then tells me I can't use 32 bit plugins. I have like 3 64 bit plugins, and about 25 32 bit that I can't use.
Posted By: methodman Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 12:11 AM
Thanks Pipeline, Do I have to buy FL Studio to use this or is it a free plugIn. I don't own FL Studio does that stop me from getting this?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 12:36 AM
No it's free, go to this link https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526005#Post526005
you can download it from their site but you have to fill out a lot of forms.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 12:40 AM
You are most likely loading the 64 bit have a look in the Image-Line folder they should both be there (you are best to install both) the 64 should have it's own folder it may have 64 in the file name though I could of done that originally. The 64bit is the larger file.

Attached picture MiniHost-Plugins.gif
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 02:46 AM
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526625#Post526625
Originally Posted By: methodman
Good News I got PlugFlipFlop to work it seems to work with most VST's but not always for REaktor. It won't resize the instruments properly so I can't see the entire synth unless I scroll. That's still better than Real Band's native-mode though Thanks a lot.

That's good, keep an eye out as Joao from JBridge is adding an Always On Top feature for PluginFlipFlop
You can contact Joao and let him know about Reaktor.
"Your feedback is welcome! : https://jstuff.wordpress.com/contact/ "
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 02:24 PM
Pipeline, I uninstalled it all, restarted the computer to clear the RAMs cache, reinstalled ONLY the 32 bit version, and it STILL loads the 64 bit version. I get an error loading a 32 bit plugin that says "32 bit plugins are not yes supported in the 64 bit version". And when I reinstalled I specified the 32 bit version install to C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\My VSTs 32 bit

And when I was done I used the search to find any other reference to Mini Hist and there was none other than that one. Yet somehow the 64 bit version, which is not on my computer anymore, is coming into the game. It's really okay though. Just making me crazy because of my experience in IT. I just have to find 64 bit plugins. It's a nice program and it adds the "midi thru" that started this whole quest initially. What I was after was the ability to preview sounds layered together, and this did what I was looking for.

My 64 bit plugins

Where I am loading from

What the about shows

38 years in IT and I have no idea why this is happening.

Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 05:15 PM
Try these, they are just the 32bit Plugins, I put 32 in the name.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2f75fuara73da3t/Image-Line%20MiniHost32.zip?dl=1

That should be the 32bit one as the file size is 7,831KB

Have you got this C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\MiniHost
Posted By: methodman Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 10:06 PM
I got minihost to work, but I think inside minihost you need to scan the folders with the vst's first before you are able to pick and choose your VST's I haven't tried the effects section of it yet, but I was able to make my synth's work.
Posted By: methodman Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 10:13 PM
The other issue is for REalband you have to Load minihost or PLug flop in for every instance you want to use your vst. I use Sonar too and you don't have to do this in that program. But in Realband I was able to get most of my plugIns to work. The only ones that wouldn't was a series of REaktor instruments I bought from Musicrow and it doesn't align their reaktor instruments properly. But every other plugIns work, the Arturia's KOntakt instruments and the various Cakewalk synths. So I am happy.

Before knowing about these I was unable to get any of my VST's to work, and when they would it was I could only use one at a time. and I didn't have the words to explain the issue now it's fixed so while it is cumbersome you can atleast explore Realband.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 02/28/19 11:02 PM
Might be easier once you have the plugins loaded into MiniHost or PluginFlipFlop, in the RealBand vst window > Save Group
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 03/01/19 02:39 PM
Everything is working well now that you provided that 32 bit version. I am still baffled as to how it was loading the 64 bit version when it wasn't even on my computer. I saw a lot of weird stuff in my work life in IT but never saw a ghost program load like that.

But that's fixed now with your help. Thanks.
Posted By: methodman Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 04/03/19 12:21 AM
OK I actually decided to work with VST's in Realband. It seems as if these Mini Host and Flipflop will only work with 1 VST synthesizer apiece and Also I can't load any plugIns directly into RealBand and have them resize according to the VST. Am I not able to run several instances of minihost? and Flip Flop?
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 04/03/19 08:01 AM
Originally Posted By: methodman
OK I actually decided to work with VST's in Realband. It seems as if these Mini Host and Flipflop will only work with 1 VST synthesizer apiece and Also I can't load any plugIns directly into RealBand and have them resize according to the VST. Am I not able to run several instances of minihost? and Flip Flop?

Huge fan of Minihost here (thanks again, Pipeline, for turning me on that that!). You can definitely load multiple VSTs in there as I demonstrate in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexjietWWhc&t=379s I posted in the thread. You can build a chain routing multiple VSTs as shown towards the end of that video.

As for loading VSTs in RB, the process is slightly different to load a VST on a single track, and IMHO, counter intuitive. I made a video about that to for a specific member here that I may have in my dropbox (I'll check soon and update).

Edit: Here's the link https://drive.google.com/open?id=14X_PLVJMMlq4UsYamC83x5VdVvoh8ObP
Posted By: silvertones Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 04/03/19 11:08 AM
RB loads 32bit Vst/VSTi just fine. WHY are you using minihost. RB loads 64bit VST/VSTi fine with JBridge.
RB will soon be 64bit.
Eddie I've known you for a long time. Stop the nasty attitude.
Posted By: rharv Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 04/03/19 08:10 PM
Like silvertones, I've had very few plugins that didn't play nice with RB (taking advantage of JBridge when needed).

Granted, you are limited to 4 FX per track in RB, but that can be doubled if you use one of the 8 AUX Send options in the path. And tripled with some clever subgroup usage.

Not intuitive, but possible, and for many users 4 FX is enough.
For me, sometimes it isn't, which is why I figured out the RB tricks (routing options) above.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 04/04/19 09:47 PM
methodman,

When you're using Minihost, or flipflop, more than one time in a track (insert 1, insert 2, insert 3, etc.) program each instance of the utility program to a different port.

When all the inserts are assigned the same port, then none work because they don't know which one is supposed to follow the command.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 07/10/19 12:37 PM
hey pipeline,deacanblues,and eddie I could not get some of my 32bit plugin working either in realband, Eddie you stuck with it and the 32 bit dll came up. reading this post I was able to get my plugins working emageline flipflop are excellent and working good for me thanks pipeline for great resources and thanks for video deacanblues a few years ago I hated computers I have come along a little anyway thanks a lot eric
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 07/17/19 01:09 PM
There is no problem loading VST''s in RB, you just have to follow the instructions. These threads are usually by noobies and I get it, this can be confusing but the info is all there in the Help files or failing that this forum. As for the VST window itself, yes having that wasted space at the top is annoying and it's been in the Wishlist forever. BUT have you noticed the vertical scroll bar on the right hand side? Grab that, scroll it down and you can see your entire VST window.

I don't see a great need for having to load different third party programs either but I can see them being useful. It seems like a lot of these issues with not seeing everything is based on the size of the monitor you're using and screen resolution. If all this is done on a laptop or a 20" monitor then with a small screen like that stuff can be hard to read for older folks and these forums are pretty much all older guys. That's why I use a 60" 4K HDTV as my monitor. Easy to see everything on a big screen like that and the standard RB VST window is no problem for me. I mostly use Sampletank 3 and Jamstix and both have large complex plugin windows. I scroll it down and see everything in there clearly.

Bob
Posted By: rharv Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 07/17/19 09:00 PM
If I remember correctly, this is known issue on screen resolutions of 1440 or less.
As mentioned, if that is indeed the situation, a larger screen resolution should resolve it (a standard 1920 X 1080 TV resolution should work, regardless if it is 22" or 60").

Your system may have a higher setting for your current display monitor, or it may not.
Right-click a blank area on your desktop and check Screen Resolution.

Another thing to check (if your resolution is above 1440) is if you have any special settings in the Control Panel resolution area, like having text magnified to 150%, or the whole screen zoomed.

Just a couple ideas and things to check/test.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 07/18/19 12:49 PM
Yes but if I had 1920 on a 20" screen no way can i read that without 2X magnifier reading glasses. Thats my point of using a 4K HDTV. It depends on what you're doing though. My office workstation has two 23" monitor's at 1920, I'm sitting upright with my face about 30 inches away, it's ok with my prescription readers. But biab, plugins, or a DAW have way more complex displays than my tax program or using office email does. Plus if you're recording yourself you can't be that close. This is what i have to do anyway, YMMV.

Bob
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying - 07/18/19 09:37 PM
http://www.energy-xt.com/download/26/energyXT26VST.zip

Full Screen

Attached File
RB-VST-No-Load.gif  (31 downloads)
© PG Music Forums