PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Update on RB problems - 03/09/19 09:51 PM
Some of us have a lot of problems with RB and, unfortunately, I am one of those people.

Members of the forum told me to turn off my wifi and see if that helped. It didn't.

Then I saw a post that said to turn off my antivirus. I turned off my wifi and the antivirus. I also set Windows Update to overnight. I haven't had an exception error since.

There are still a lot of other problems, but at least this one is solved.

Thanks to all of you who replied. I hope this helps someone else.

2b
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Update on RB problems - 03/10/19 11:20 PM
I have used RB for a few years. It has its glitches for sure but for me usually it works great. I have had some issues with but mostly pops and crackles on playback for backing tracks. Also a couple file corrupted. But for tracking and creation it has been pretty stable.
Posted By: jford Re: Update on RB problems - 03/11/19 04:59 PM
I haven't turned off my anti-virus; however, I have excluded both the RealBand and BIAB folders from the anti-virus software (but if that scares you, don't do it); however, in using PGMusic products for about 20 years now, I have yet to see an infected file. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I also take other precautions (frequent backups and system drive imaging to allow for rapid restore in the event of some catastrophe, whether virus related or hardware failure).
Posted By: silvertones Re: Update on RB problems - 03/12/19 03:12 PM
In the song creation side of things is where I find most of the issues. I, like Rob, have used RB since inception. I know my way around the bugs so well I don't remember them and this has become my normal workflow.LOL
As far as playback the only issue is the JUKEBOX. It's real bad.
© PG Music Forums