PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve_T "Couldn't open wave device" error - 03/13/19 11:03 AM
I am a newbie, trying to record an audio only track along with the song. I keep seeing the wave device error "Couldn't open wave device, external error, error code 1". I hear the song playing in headphones and when it gets to the end I get the error, or when I hit record it starts filling the track with a red and green color but when I hit stop the color disappears and the error message pops up. I do not have a midi device - the midi input box under "midi devices" is empty. My external input is a Berringer UCA222 USB connected to a V-Amp3. The sound works in BIAB and Real Band. Thanks for any suggestions!

Lenovo laptop "ideapad" 110
Splitter on single mic/headphone jack
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: "Couldn't open wave device" error - 03/13/19 12:23 PM
no idea of what's going on but when you try to record do the input meters show a signal going in? (the small meters at the bottom right not the track itself). if you are using the v amp 3 I presume you are using it as a guitar amp simulator and feeding the signal into the pc through the behringer.

are you using the behringer asio drivers?

you might also try feeding the guitar in as a di through the behringer cutting out the v amp. then in RB use amplitube as a plug in to provide amp and cab simulation and fx pedals etc to make your guitar sound. (you have got amplitube as part of your RB package although you may need to search for it and you may need to activate it. activating version 3 via PG Music takes a bit of time but amplitube 4 is free if you google it and the website gives you the activation code.)

if cutting out the v amp works somehow that's the root of the problem
Posted By: Steve_T Re: "Couldn't open wave device" error - 03/14/19 11:16 PM
Thanks Bob. I simplifed my setup as you suggested and rebooted it seems to be working. Thanks for the good advice!
© PG Music Forums