PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo New problems with RB - 03/19/19 06:49 PM
Some of you may remember that I fussed about RB a few months back. I also said I was going to try to get through a project I am working on before I make a change.

So, I tried to limp along. I did all the things I was advised to do. Turn off wifi, shut off anti-virus. I still had problems but I could work around them or wait them out.

But I have new issues. 1)I get an error message that the program has asked to be shut down in an unusual way. 2) When I record on a punch, I can see the signal on the meters. I can see the bars on the track. I finish the punch, hit stop. It asks if I want to keep the take. I click yes and the take disappears.

I am posting this for two reasons, neither of which is to whine. If someone knows how to solve either problem, please let me know. And if anyone else is having these problems, know that it's not just you. Maybe we can solve this together.

Thanks.

2b
Posted By: silvertones Re: New problems with RB - 03/19/19 08:17 PM
Punch in used to work and now doesn't? 2019?
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: New problems with RB - 03/19/19 09:49 PM
2016. It's been working great until now.

2b
Posted By: silvertones Re: New problems with RB - 03/20/19 10:26 AM
If it's been working fine that long something either changed in your settings or forgetting something.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: New problems with RB - 03/21/19 12:51 PM
I didn't change anything.

I called PG the other day about this problem. I am sure the tech could hear the frustration in my voice and I hope I didn't seem rude. But every session with RB has a problem for me. Most are beyond minor annoyance.

I appreciate all the help from PG and the forum members, but I have given up on RB. The problems take a lot of the joy out of recording. I am changing to another DAW.

2b
Posted By: silvertones Re: New problems with RB - 03/21/19 01:31 PM
I hear your frustration. I have also been frustrated. At least once a year. Yes weird things happen. I was going to change but instead just worked around the issues. I have close to 300 songs and was playing up to 4 days each week so I'm committed plus nothing else does for me what RB can.
© PG Music Forums