PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/23/19 03:24 PM
In other DAWS like Cakewalk, when I insert Aria on a track and choose an instrument, like piano, and save the file, the instrument (like piano) is saved in Aria when I re-open it, just like I left it, so to speak.

However, when I attempt to do the same thing in Real Band, and select Aria as a player and load an instrument and save the file and reopen it, the Aria player on the track is blank and I have to load the instrument or instruments all over again. I can't find any way to save this choices I make in Real Band files.

Am I missing something, or is this just the way Real Band is?
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/23/19 07:42 PM
Hi David

Strange will RB retain its vsti voices with other vsti

I have a multi midi channel RB file where some of the tracks are midi and some separate instances of Kontakt . I have various instruments on the Kontakt tracks and they are all recalled and loaded when I load the file.
Note I am saving the file in RBs native SEQ format.

Mike
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/23/19 10:07 PM

I only really use Aria, and as long as I have used Real Band it does this, I just never have bothered to figure out why.

Now I would like to know why.

It is strange.

I have no clue.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/23/19 10:24 PM
David,

I haven't played with saving VSTi in RealBand very much so please consider this as me "thinking out loud" and passing an idea to you for consideration.

I'm wondering if it might make a difference where the song file originates.

You can (1) create the song project in RealBand and save the song project file in the native SEQ file format. You can also (2) create the song project in Band-in-a-Box, save as a SGU or MGU song file, open the Band-in-a-Box song file in RealBand and then save the song file in the native SEQ file format.

Both ways may create slightly different song files that contain slightly different metadata. This theory gains some authority when you consider you can take a Band-in-a-Box song file you suspect might contain corruption, open the song file in RealBand and then save (as a BiaB song file) and the corruption is sometimes cleaned out. The theory gains more authority when you consider that not all Band-in-a-Box song file settings transfer between Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

Rephrase the Las Vegas tourist slogan of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" to "What begins in RealBand, stays in RealBand" and my theory almost reads like it makes sense, doesn't it?
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/24/19 08:34 AM
I used to use Sampletank and Roland TTS in RB on almost every song, and both saved the instrument settings
Posted By: rharv Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/24/19 10:17 AM
I think it depends on the VSTi and how it saves/loads sounds.

Two things you could try;
Save Group .. this saves a Group of VST/VSTi, in other words the data from all four of the slots in a given track's FX area.
I've seen this save some settings when regular save didn't. You may have to Load Group after, but maybe not.

Or maybe try saving the Aria settings as a Preset in RB .. maybe this will retain the settings or at least make them easier to recall. (?)

Other than that I have seen a couple FX that simply refuse to recall settings when loaded. Never figured out why. 99% of them load just fine.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/24/19 10:33 AM

Thanks rharv, that is exactly what I am talking about.

I have to "save group" and then recall that each time, I can't figure out for the life of me why it won't save instruments.

The Aria board comes back up upon reload, but the instruments are not there. The board is blank. Guess I will call tech support.

Thanks!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/25/19 02:45 PM

Thanks Jim and others,

trying to get a hold of support here. Having no luck. Can't figure it out.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/26/19 10:40 PM
David,

Have you tried sending a private message to the lead developer, Jeff Yankauer?
Posted By: rharv Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 03/27/19 07:32 PM
I'd try putting it in the Wishlist Forum first.

Since most plugins work fine, I'm guessing it is something these plugins are doing differently when saving/loading sounds.
Could be wrong, but a whole lot of synths seem to work fine. It may be something proprietary that the programmers haven't yet encountered.

If you feel it's a 'bug' in current PGMusic products, right now the Chat option at top of page appears 'online'.
Give them a shot. A good chat session can move things along quickly.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? - 04/01/19 01:20 PM

Thanks guys. I will try both of these ideas.

I think it must be a programming issue of some sort. It does not happen in other DAWS I use.

Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums