PG Music Home
Posted By: MovingAir More aggressive country Styles - 04/04/19 06:52 PM
Hi. I love the RealTracks that are out there, but I could really use some of the more stompy, swampy, aggressive four-on-the-floor country styles. Some examples:
- Country Boy Can Survive (Waylon)
- Hillbilly Blues (Montgomery Gentry)
- Bottoms Up (Brantly Gilbert)

I understand that doing the heavily-syncopated guitars and such could be a bit of a challenge, but I'm just talking about the aggressive, heavy four-on-the-floor feel of the songs.
Could you add some of those with these killer musicians you guys use? Please?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: More aggressive country Styles - 04/05/19 11:25 AM
Kinda thought about this too. You might have to think outside the box to get what you're looking for. I'm guessing this is the old Waylon.... I Don't Think Hank Done It This Way... beat......

There seems to be a four on the floor country style around this area with bands..... reminiscent of the way Waylon used to play. Quarter notes and everyone plays that same beat. So, a buddy gave me a song of his on cassette to see what I could do with it. It reeked of this style. I had to go outside of BB to recreate it for him. It's doable.

Use a DAW.... use the tracks you can from BB/RB. Then, add things from outside.... such as a drum synth that gives you the 4 on the floor that is common in Waylon's music and some others. Play the guitar parts live as opposed to trying to get BB/RB to do it. That's how I work things that I can't seem to find in BB/RB.

Edit.... listened to Hillbilly Shoes.... you gotta add some parts from outside
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: More aggressive country Styles - 04/05/19 11:45 AM
“Country boy can survive” best version was hank jr
© PG Music Forums