PG Music Home
Posted By: Warren Keller MIDI Controller Issue - 04/19/19 11:36 AM
Having a small issue. If the keyboard isn't on when I open RealBand, it throws an error that it's not installed. It then wants me to go thru the ASIO audio driver info and the MIDI controller info again. I'd rather not have to fire up the keyboard each time before I open RealBand. I believe the problem may stem from the M-Audio Oxygen 49 keyboard listed as the Input Driver for MIDI, when in fact it's just a Plug and Play device not needing a specific driver. Thanks!
Posted By: rharv Re: MIDI Controller Issue - 04/19/19 09:58 PM
Sounds like a device driver issue and you may indeed need to make sure it is active before launching RB.
I think RB checks them at launch, but it's up to the device driver to update Windows that it is available in order for RB to connect later.

I been wrong before though .. just ask my wife.
Posted By: jford Re: MIDI Controller Issue - 04/20/19 07:40 AM
Same happens to me. With my Behringer UMC404HD, it has to be on and operational when I launch BB/RB. If not, I have to choose a different device when launching the programs. Neither program recognizes a device turned on while the program is running. I've got several other DAW's that did the same.

The Behringer is tricky, because if I reboot the computer, I have to turn it off, then back on for it to be recognized. Of course, there is no on/off switch, so I have to reach behind it and pull the MIDI cable to reset it.

This has been BB/RB behavior since as far back as I can remember.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: MIDI Controller Issue - 04/20/19 09:23 AM
Hi Warren

Yes indeed as above I get exactly the same behaviour in RB if my Akai audio interface and therefore my impulse 61 keyboard is not on at start up .
In this case it is because the keyboard is routed through to the PCs usb via a usb hub built into the Akai interface.
I can negate this by connecting the impulse keyboard to the PCs USB directly,
But the keyboard still needs to be connected and on when I start RB, or I get the same as above.
Strangely BIAB does not mind it just gets up and goes with no midi input device.
Pleased about that as you say you do not always want your keyboard connected especially if working on your say a laptop on a train using the on board sound chip.
Mike
Posted By: Warren Keller Re: MIDI Controller Issue - 04/20/19 10:40 AM
Thanks guys. MarioD reports the same. Thank you all! Look out, I'm new to MIDI and may be back with more soon. Wait for it... :>)
© PG Music Forums