PG Music Home
Posted By: Alcarms Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/22/19 04:32 PM
Hey Guys, When will Build 4 be released for Real Band 2019?
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/22/19 08:33 PM
None of us on the forum can answer this.
What upgrade/fix are you waiting for?
Posted By: Alcarms Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/23/19 01:03 PM
Hi rharv ,

Release 3 fixed a lot of the notation window problems. This issue is promised to be fixed in release 4:

Timing cursor
A) – Does not move smoothly across the bars. It starts OK but hesitates/jumps when it gets to the end of current bar & then suddenly jumps back into time when it crosses into the next bar.

B) – When it gets to the end of the 2nd bar the timing cursor disappears & is not shown in bar 3 & 4, subsequently when bars 5 & 6 scroll onto the left side of the window it reappears again. Then it disappears after 2 bars & repeats the cycle to the end of the song.

I was hoping one of the moderators or Jeff Yankauer would weigh in.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/23/19 07:36 PM
I have a v 4 from Jeff and have been testing for the Jukebox. As far as notation it throws an exception error at measure 3 continually.
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/23/19 08:53 PM
Well that's interesting ..

As far as the OP I have only seen this when the system was under too much stress and usually relying on the inbuilt video card (meaning it is using system RAM).
Sometimes shutting down other processes helped, sometimes a simple reboot helped in these instances.
Don't know if that helps you.

As an example I tried to make a screen capture video of my cursor scrolling across the screen just now .. which it does smoothly here.
However when I played back the video screen capture it appeared to be 'jumpy'. Whether that was caused by the screen capture frame rate, the software itself, or the added load I dunno, but when I went back to the RB window the cursor moved smoothly again.
FWIW it was a file with over a dozen audio tracks with frequent edits (and many FX) & a couple MIDI tracks, so the RB load was likely >= that needed by most users.
Wish I could be more help.
Posted By: Alcarms Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/23/19 08:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Until the notation problem is completely fixed I won't be upgrading. I will just continue with my reliable RealBand 2012.5

But I would like to enjoy some of the new cool features in the 2019 version...
Posted By: Alcarms Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/23/19 09:08 PM
Well the timing cursor problem (& other issues ) in the Notation window started in RealBand & PowerTracks in the 2013 release & has never been completely fixed. Although Jeff apparently fixed most of the issues in 2019 Build 3 of RealBand.

I was told this last issue would be fixed in build 4 - so I am eagerly awaiting.

Until the notation problem is completely fixed I won't be upgrading. I will just continue with my reliable RealBand 2012.5

But I would like to enjoy some of the new cool features in the 2019 version..
Posted By: silvertones Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/23/19 09:17 PM
I have had this issue forever. RHARV I'm sure you may remember. I don't use notation but the scroll bar has always been jumpy. The almost cure was to convert all of my songs to 16 x 48Kz. Rememeber?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/24/19 12:22 PM
just being curious, i never use the notation window unless i'm fixing a bum midi note played in on the midi keyboard.

however, i loaded up an old midi file and the cursor moved fine in the notation window on a midi piano track.

on a recording with realtracks the cursor moved perfectly in the audio edit window and the main tracks window behind it.

my music pc is hardly cutting edge - 8 meg RAM and an old 4 core 3.4 ghz AMD processor. basic video card and an old soundblaster audigy2 ZX platinum sound card.

i do get jumpy cursors if the pc is deciding on its own to initiate heavy hard disc activity such as a virus scan - i see the disc drive light flashing - but even then most of the time i get a smooth cursor movement and a flashing red light at the same time.

I have RB 2019 build 3 so if the OP wants to upgrade maybe he could try it. seems to me it might be an individual pc issue - not a general problem with RB.
Posted By: Alcarms Re: Real Band 2019 - 04/24/19 03:16 PM
Hi Bob, thanks for your thoughts.

I use the notation window for live performances (play along) as I can read music fairly well. The problems happen in the notation window set up as follows:

I use 4 bars per line & scroll ahead enabled at 50% trigger & scroll ahead amount set at 50%.

Timing cursor
A) – Does not move smoothly across the bars. It starts OK but hesitates/jumps when it gets to the end of current bar & then suddenly jumps back into time when it crosses into the next bar.

B) – When it gets to the end of the 2nd bar the timing cursor disappears & is not shown in bar 3 & 4, subsequently when bars 5 & 6 scroll onto the left side of the window it reappears again. Then it disappears after 2 bars & repeats the cycle to the end of the song.

Jeff is aware of this problem & promised a fix in build 4 2019.
© PG Music Forums