PG Music Home
Posted By: Biglad disc full error - 05/14/19 02:45 PM
Hi Guys
when trying to move tracks from RB into a folder ,im getting an error message disc full.ive tried changing the path but to no avail.any advice help etc would be appreciated
thanks brad
Posted By: jford Re: disc full error - 05/14/19 03:22 PM
First, the obvious. Did you look to make sure that your disc wasn't actually full?

Secondly, I see in your signature that you are running BIAB 2016, so I presume you are running RealBand 2016 also? Jeff made some changes in v2018, because it did not properly support the full 260 character Microsoft limit for pathname+filename (it was instead 128). So, if an earlier version, you might want to try a path closer to the root of the drive.

Also, if you tried to move files to one of the Windows protected folders, Windows will sometimes keep you from doing so (but I wouldn't think it would be a disc full message).

Give us more details and maybe we can figure it out.
Posted By: Biglad Re: disc full error - 05/14/19 05:27 PM
Thank you John, I've not updated my biab info , I'm running 2018. I thought if I changed the folder to another drive( your spot on disc is full lol) it would work. As yet it hasn't but I will try again soon. Thanks for the advice , appreciate it
Cheers brad
Posted By: rharv Re: disc full error - 05/14/19 09:11 PM
Does the newly selected drive have enough room for the seq file?
(they can get big) .. maybe neither drive has enough room.

One option to free up some disk space:
RB creates a backup folder and makes a backup there when you make changes or save any files.

Look at your Realband backups folder and see if you can do some cleanup to free up some room.

Not sure if moving files would affect this at all, and there are settings to contain how many backups it keeps (in Options-Prefs). I have some drives where RB only has less than a gig of backups, but other drives have over 4 gig.
Thought I'd mention.

/The only reason I have multiple backup folders is because I manually made this happen, for most users there will be just one RBBackup folder located wherever you have Realband installed (likely C:).

Of course simply Emptying the Recycle Bin in Windows can regain lots of room on disks if not tended to regularly!

Attached picture RBBackup_Folder.jpg
Attached picture RBBackupSettings.jpg
© PG Music Forums