PG Music Home
Posted By: poltad Realdrums Half Time - 05/29/19 02:19 PM
I can’t seem to get half time to work on Realdrums within RealBand.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Realdrums Half Time - 05/29/19 03:06 PM
poltad,

Welcome to the forum and to RealBand!

Please provide a little more information.

What version of RealBand are you using? For example I have 2019 RB build 3.

What tempo is your song project?

What RealDrums do you want to use?

Are you selecting the RealDrums using the RealDrums Picker or is the RealDrums one instrument in a style?

Did you import a song project file, SGU or MGU, you started in Band-in-a-Box or is the song project all in RealBand up to this point?
Posted By: poltad Re: Realdrums Half Time - 05/29/19 03:38 PM
What version of RealBand are you using? For example I have 2019 RB build 3. Version 3.

What tempo is your song project? 250

What RealDrums do you want to use? Any of the Train Brush RealDrums

Are you selecting the RealDrums using the RealDrums Picker or is the RealDrums one instrument in a style? I think I’ve tried both ways

Did you import a song project file, SGU or MGU, you started in Band-in-a-Box or is the song project all in RealBand up to this point? I’ve attempted both ways and it just plays the drum part in hyper speed. The half-time works in the stand alone BIAB.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Realdrums Half Time - 05/29/19 10:20 PM
poltad,

Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate your patience.

Have you tried using "CountryTrain8"? It's meant for use in normal time between tempos of 200 to 290 bpm. Based on the description, reprinted below, I suspect the timebase has already been shifted.

Quote:
A fast Train groove on the snare drum, using brushes for the 'A' section and sticks for the 'B' section. Designed so that it will work with 8th-note based Band-in-a-Box styles, but uses the same audio source as CountryTrain.
Note in the screen shot below that "CountryTrain" audio is sixteenth note based while "CountryTrain8" is eighth note based.

Also, looking at the DrumPicker if you see an "X" in the column named "X" the DrumPicker is telling you the style won't work. From the RealBand manual:
Quote:
X indicates a style with a tempo that is out of range for the song.

Description: CountryTrain8 tempo 200 - 290 bpm.
Attached picture Clipboard03.jpg
© PG Music Forums