PG Music Home
Hoping this is a simple fix. I'm working on a song, using all real tracks. For sake of clarity, I'm going to use the "Nashville" terminology for the structure (Verse, pre-chorus, chorus, verse, etc.)

This song has a 2 bar intro, followed by a 6 bar verse (tempo is 73, song is in 4/4 time - using the Midlife Folky Ballad style). The 6-bar verse is followed by a 5 bar pre-chorus, with the last bar being a 2/4 bar. The song goes back to 4/4 immediately after the single 2/4 bar. The 2/4 bar occurs at bar #13.

I have set the bar settings in bar 13 to 2/4, and bar 14 back to 4/4. All of the realtrack instruments pick up and play this change correctly EXCEPT the drums, which play through as though it is still a 4/4 bar...thus creating a 2-beat "gap" in the track.

I export my BIAB audio files to mix in Logic, so I could hypothetically fix it with edits there, but I was thinking/hoping there is a fix/solution I'm missing in BIAB. I'm using the '18 version on Mac.
TIA.
Posted By: rharv Re: Time Change issue using RealTracks - 07/13/19 03:13 PM
Quote:
I was thinking/hoping there is a fix/solution I'm missing in BIAB

This is the Realband forum; is the problem with RB or BiaB?
If BiaB you should post it in the BiaB forum, and probably the BiaB Mac forum.
If RB, some here may be willing to test it once we know, but RB isn't available on Mac currently..

As you mentioned; once the tracks are in a DAW you should easily be able to adjust the resulting audio track (cut 2 beats and close the gap), though you shouldn't have to.

I don't think I've ever had this issue in RB, and I throw a lot of weird time stuff at it (odd time sigs, etc), but sounds like you may have posted in the wrong forum.
© PG Music Forums