PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Hum Filter-Credit where credit is due - 08/13/19 05:15 PM
Because I tend to speak out when things aren't right, I feel I have to give credit when things are good.

A few months ago, I switched to another DAW because of problems I was having with RB. Recently I was recording a guitar track. My room, my little amp or both were giving me AC hum. I rendered the track to Wav, brought it back to RB and used the hum filter in the Audio Effects. It filters out 60 cycle and the harmonics. Problem solved. Took it back to my DAW and continued working.

Thanks to whoever programmed the PG Effects.

2b
Posted By: rharv Re: Hum Filter-Credit where credit is due - 08/13/19 10:46 PM
Quote:
Thanks to whoever programmed the PG Effects.

If I recall that one was done by JamesChandlerJr (as were many of the PG FX)
I could be wrong .. but he did a lot of them
And yes, some of the PG FX are quite unique and valuable, regardless of the interface.

Glad you found it. There are others (PGVinyl and PGPeakLimit come to mind) depending on the need. As 2bSolo found; don't discount the PG FX; they are quite good.
I wish they could keep these current (make some of the hard write FX realtime etc), but nonetheless quite useful!

/of course it would be better to remove the problem in the chain to begin with. It's possible a simple 3 prong/2Prong adapter to remove ground (or other solution) would remove the need for this step in the first place. ie remove the hum in the signal chain instead of with software after the fact.
© PG Music Forums