PG Music Home
Posted By: silvertones JBridge - 08/17/19 02:42 PM
Do I have this right? Want to use some 64bit plugs in RB.It appears the preferred method is to make a new fold and call it whatever I want. Then search out all of my 64bit plugs,make copies of them then paste into the new folder. Then run JBridger on THIS NEW folder.
Yes?
Posted By: MountainSide Re: JBridge - 08/18/19 10:43 AM
Yes, that will work. I have used this setup in the past but now just run them from where ever the 64 bit installer puts them ( I know not the best practice).

This seems to work with all of my 64 bit plugs except SampleTank 4. For SampleTank 4 I contacted the developer of jBridge, João Fernandes, who advised that I needed to run the jBridge config program and to run SampleTank 4 in a "separate GUI mode" option.

Jeff
Posted By: silvertones Re: JBridge - 08/18/19 07:17 PM
Thanks
Posted By: jford Re: JBridge - 08/19/19 04:26 PM
If you have installed a licensed jBridge on your computer, there is no need to run the jBridger utility to use 64-bit plugins in Realband. Realband is jBridge aware and will load 64-bit VST(i) plugins automatically.
jBridger is for DAW's that are not already jbridge aware.
Posted By: silvertones Re: JBridge - 08/20/19 04:17 PM
Oh I do have one I just purchased from PG. The docs didn't list RB as a jbridge capable daw.So I did run jbridger. Did I mess up anything. Doesn't seem that it did.
Thanks John
John
Posted By: jford Re: JBridge - 08/20/19 06:58 PM
Hi, John -

You can of course run the "bridged/wrapped" plugins you created with jbridger in BIAB/RB; however, there is no need to. As long as you have installed jbridge (and if you are licensed, you can go to J's site and request the most recent version - don't download the demo version, but there is a button to request a version to be sent to your registered email address), then you can just remove the bridged plugin and just load the actual 64-bit plugin.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: silvertones Re: JBridge - 08/20/19 09:01 PM
Yes I bought Jbridge through PGM .I still use Audition so I'll keep the wrapped ones until I see if it'll use 64bit non wrapped ones. Make sense?
Thanks
© PG Music Forums