PG Music Home
1. I have been working on a song in RealBand 2019 (4) for a couple of weeks. Lately, when I try to generate a RealDrums file (say, for 8 bars), the selection is generated one bar later than the highlighted section. It doesn't happen with RealTracks (or in a new file).
I can work around it by generating the RealDrum file on a blank track and then copying to the main drum track but I'd love to know what I've done to cause this.

2. Also, I asked about the following problem some time back. I believe Jeff from PG was notified but I still don't have an answer:
When I’m in the Notation window in staff roll notation mode of RealBand 2019 (4), the notes often move slightly horizontally and not line up with the grid of vertical lines. It has only recently started doing this.
However, when I hit the Staff Roll Notation Mode button again the notes reset correctly. It is only a display issue and does not affect playback.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions with either issue.
Cheers,
Mike
For issue number 1, have you tried using Save As and saving as a different name, then testing that file?
If it still happens I'd email the file to support and see if they can see what happened.
have you got the from to boxes correctly entered and the offset box right? i had the same problem but that was due to not setting the from to correctly and the offset box being wrong.

is it something to do with part markers? i found i got a drum break before the bar where drums should start

mind you you might not be repeating my mistakes.......................
I'm with rharv on this. I couldn't replicate this however there have been many times when something just goes wrong with a song.At times I can recover sometimes just start over. I don't do many new songs maybe 1 a month or so. I know you shouldn't have to do this but I always start off a session with a return to factory settings. Things can seem to get all twisted up sometimes. For experimentation try a different RealDrum choice. Could be something wrong with that file you are using. If you are highlighting section to generate that sets the from / through automatically.
RESOLVED
Thanks rharv, Bob and Silvertones.
Bob's comment about the 'offset box'prompted me to check my Bar Offset settings.
The first bar of the song was -2 (containing nothing), the next bar (-1) had a quaver pickup into a drum fill, 0 was the drum fill. The song's intro began at 1.
The Bar Offset setting was set at -3.
I deleted the first bar (after moving some volume midi controller settings) and then changed the Bar Offset setting from -3 to -2... and voila!
Thanks again. What a great support community.
OK, I suspected this also at first, however you said Realtracks worked fine, but Realdrums didn't, which made me disregard this possibility.
It's really weird that RT's would honor a different offset than RD's .. so I'm kind of confused even more by the solution, especially with the bar offset being at -3 .. that's a pretty weird setting and I suspect that however this happened is the real source of the problem.
A bar offset of -3 makes my head hurt!

Thanks for posting how it was solved though smile
© PG Music Forums